Illy Coffee In Grains Or Ground

Girino

Registered
I apologize if this has been discussed earlier (I found topics from 2007, 2010 and 2012), but I get the Idea that due to import regulations, things might have changed.

I am a real estimator of Illy coffee, that here in Italy I buy ground and ready to use in my caffettiera.
In BsAs I saw signs of Illy cafés, but I read here that it is there just for decoration. I went to a supermarket that showed Illy logos among the Italian imported products, but no can of Illy spotted, though.

So, is it possible to buy ground Illy coffee in BsAs in 2014? Or at least in grain. If so, is it possible to buy it at Illy cafés or should I look for it in supermarkets or at Belgrano market?
I don't really care about its price, since it is one of the most expensive brand even here in Italy (€6.70 a 250 g can), too.

Another thing I'd like to know, is if the Illy I might find in BsAs has the same blend as in the one sold in Europe.

I have the illy coffee I brought with me when I moved from Canada, still haven't opened it.
I had no problems bringing it in via my checked luggage.
I think you'll have a hard time finding many products here from Italia, I know I do.
At least for Illy, I don't think I've ever seen it here. The signs are like you said, decor.

Jumbo sells San Pellegrino Acqua but not Limonata or Aranciata. I can't find them
and spoke with San Pellegrino's fruit devision and they said that due to the government's
import laws and all there's no way for them to sell it. Jumbo, and others, also have De Cecco
pastas and limited sauces.

If you're coming to BSAS from Italia soon I have a few things I'd love to have that I'd be willing
to pay you for of course, plus a little extra for the hassle. :)

pippi, i too am an illy fan. i have seen it ground in 1 market, i think, jumbo. there is an illy cafe near rivadavia in caballito that does carry genuine illy beans. i saw some boxes of it being delivered. i asked if they sold the beans and the person said she would sell me some since they don't usually sell that way. it was expensive and at that time i wasn't sure it was really illy coffee until another day that i saw the the delivery. i can't remember what the exact location is, but will ask my friend this afternoon and get back to you.

They sell it in most supermarkets. Expensive yes. I usually bring some from home. Same blend , made in Trieste .

There is a little coffee place in Recoleta which also sells Illy and Lind chocolate. Last time I was there (after xmas) they still had Illy coffee. If you want to give it a try, its in Libertad esq. Santa Fe (towards Libertador).

Thank you for all of your answers. Looks like I don't need to buy a coffee grinder, after all. I will bring some Illy cans with me, compatibly what the little space for food I will have in my suitcase.

If you're coming to BSAS from Italia soon I have a few things I'd love to have that I'd be willing
to pay you for of course, plus a little extra for the hassle. :)

We will be arriving on May, so you have to be patient. Out of curiosity, what do you have in mind? Just to know what I might wanna stock for myself, as well. ;)

pippi...the cafe is on la plata y rivadavia. on la plata, a few stores down from rivadavia. when you get to starbucks it's around the corner,same side,just before the movie theater.

Where can one get an Illy coffee cup in Recoleta? Thanks

pippi...the cafe is on la plata y rivadavia.

Grazie! Looks like we should schedule an Illy-themed GTG next winter!

Any chance anybody knows where to buy bitter cocoa powder? I went to the biggest Unicenter and the clerks pointed me Nesquik and the like. Are they kidding me?!

Illy in cans available in Disco in recoleta. Sometimes at the Carrefour as well.

Back