Fox News Bill O'reilly In Trouble For Falklands War Report

Another case of over exaggerating his war reporting during the Falklands War conflict . He claims that Buenos Aires was a "war zone". I wasn't here then, but I think his version sounds far fetched.

http://www.nytimes.c...WT.nav=top-news

No, the British never attacked or even attempted to attack continental Argentina during the conflict. The only thing happening in Buenos Aires back then were massive street protests in support of the war.

No, the British never attacked or even attempted to attack continental Argentina during the conflict. The only thing happening in Buenos Aires back then were massive street protests in support of the war.

Actually, the Brits

The Brits may have made an effort to attack Argentine territory, but Río Grande's a long way from O'Reilly Country: http://en.mercopress.com/2006/12/17/re-editing-a-falklands-war-mission-in-argentina

0-n.jpg

I was here and never saw a war I think I remember some black outs over BA but not much more I also do not remember massive demonstrations. I seem to remember a marathon to collect goods for the soldiers which NEVER arrived to them!
I never heard of this O'Reilly but I also have never watched Fox news!

"I never heard of this O'Reilly but I also have never watched Fox news!"

Count yourself fortunate that you know nothing about O'Reilly. His on-the-air arrogance is enough to make one gag. I hope this "war zone" brouhaha continues. He needs to be taken down a notch or two. A truly despicable person.

"I never heard of this O'Reilly but I also have never watched Fox news!"

Count yourself fortunate that you know nothing about O'Reilly. His on-the-air arrogance is enough to make one gag. I hope this "war zone" brouhaha continues. He needs to be taken down a notch or two. A truly despicable person.

To O'Reilly, "despicable" is a compliment.

Back