Illy Coffee In Grains Or Ground

love tiramisu...love illy coffee.....now i am hungry........ ciao

I apologize if this has been discussed earlier (I found topics from 2007, 2010 and 2012), but I get the Idea that due to import regulations, things might have changed.

I am a real estimator of Illy coffee, that here in Italy I buy ground and ready to use in my caffettiera.
In BsAs I saw signs of Illy cafés, but I read here that it is there just for decoration. I went to a supermarket that showed Illy logos among the Italian imported products, but no can of Illy spotted, though.

So, is it possible to buy ground Illy coffee in BsAs in 2014? Or at least in grain. If so, is it possible to buy it at Illy cafés or should I look for it in supermarkets or at Belgrano market?
I don't really care about its price, since it is one of the most expensive brand even here in Italy (€6.70 a 250 g can), too.

Another thing I'd like to know, is if the Illy I might find in BsAs has the same blend as in the one sold in Europe.
The Cencosud supermarkets (Jumbo, Vea, Disco ...) usually have Illy espresso (ground or beans) in their international products sections (not in the regular coffee aisle). Last time I saw it a Jumbo a couple of weeks ago it was at 130 pesos (which was around 9 Euros blue rate at the time - so no too bad). It is the regular blend (red cans) imported from Italy.

If you want to try Argentinian espresso I can recommend "Café Fundadores espresso - Elite" which is usually available at Walmart stores. Is my favorite espresso here in Argentina.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]The Cencosud supermarkets (Jumbo, Vea, Disco ...) usually have Illy espresso (ground or beans) in their international products sections (not in the regular coffee aisle). Last time I saw it a Jumbo a couple of weeks ago it was at 130 pesos [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]germano, haven't seen it at the jumbo near me but will check again. ty it seems the price is about the same price it was in the states, 12 something usd per can. [/background]

Back