I'm traveling to colonia, any tips?

Paola_Briceno

Registered
Hello my fellow expats :D I will be traveling to colonia on Monday will be back on tuesday (anyone wanna come?) I will be arriving at 3am. Where should I stay? will there be taxi's when I arrive? do I pay them in arg. pesos? So many question.... I'm a little worried since I will be going alone. I wanted to know as much as possible before my trip.

If anyone can give me tips, I will greatly appreciated,;)

THANK U

There are all sorts of places to stay in Colonia so it depends on what sort of hotel/hostel you're looking for.

The port is pretty near to the city centre so if you don't have a lot of luggage you can easily just walk into town.

There are tonnes of maps all over the net to help you get round.

If you have money outside of Argentina it would probably be cheaper to get cash out of a machine than lose again when you change currency as i think the rate of Arg$ to Uru$ is based more on the blue/black rate than the official one.
Almost all places in Uruguay accept uru$ arg$ and dollars.

You need to have a chivito and the Uruguay's Quilmes equivalent (Patricia and Pilsen) are pretty good.

If you get bored with Colonia you can wander along the promenade and check out the old bullring

thank u sooo much Scott!! I carry a usa credit card.... i have no actual dollars :( Ive never stayed in a hostel, it will be quite an adventure for me!! xoxxo

Paola_Briceno said:
thank u sooo much Scott!! I carry a usa credit card.... i have no actual dollars :( Ive never stayed in a hostel, it will be quite an adventure for me!! xoxxo

You can get dollars out of the cash machines in Uruguay.

Back