IMF halts 3 billion bailout tranche from Argentina

with all of the financial problems, i can't help but wonder...why on earth is the city spending money on projects like redoing the plazas around casa rosada?

You are right. Attendance at the wilongas has had been very sparse. But you will be fine. As always, there are way more women than men.

A tanquera who has now lived in BA for 10 years told the TA BA travel forum that it shocked and upset her hard to see last week for the first time that dancers queuing to pay the milonga entry fee weren't paying as well the extra 12 pesos to have their coat checked. They were holding onto every peso that wasn't being spent on something absolutely necessary. She suddenly grasped even better how hard life is going to be for ordinary portenos.

A tanquera who has now lived in BA for 10 years told the TA BA travel forum that it shocked and upset her hard to see last week for the first time that dancers queuing to pay the milonga entry fee weren't paying as well the extra 12 pesos to have their coat checked. They were holding onto every peso that wasn't being spent on something absolutely necessary. She suddenly grasped even better how hard life is going to be for ordinary portenos.
Poverty has risen incredibly in Buenos Aires the last years. I have never seen so many homeless people sleeping rough in shop doorways and parks.

The problem is the deficit, it won't go away with switching to dollars, it needs to go away with budget cuts, the painful it may be.

Chile managed to get its economy in order. Chile and Argentina off course are not the same country.

Chile is very narrow, so, the manteinance of the only road thy have is cheap. Argentina is huge.
Chileans are nationalistic while in Argentina rich people takes the money abroad creating a crisis that is fault of the government for opening the capital flight.

Poverty has risen incredibly in Buenos Aires the last years. I have never seen so many homeless people sleeping rough in shop doorways and parks.

They are paid by the K to make it look like that MM is not a genious in managment the country.

Sure, but they pay 15 usd admission fee in NYC and 25 in Tokyo.

Do you have the link of that forum? I thing they need serious trolling.

Back