Immigration For Dummies

Wow, awesome work Khairy. Super helpful for all those that still have to decide and go through the process. :)

Could it be made into a Sticky?

Umm, thanks for your help, but I don't understand your reply in relation to the question.

Are you seriously saying that for me to go to immigraciones five days before my visa expires and ask for an extension would be gravely illegal?

If you are not a tourist the answer is very loud and clear .... Y E S it's illegal to do just that.

Chances are ..... Immigration most probably will Ignore the written law (look the other way) and give you a new 90 days.
But there's a remote chance ... he decides he's going to enforce the law that morning .... and you will be in bad luck.

Wow, awesome work Khairy. Super helpful for all those that still have to decide and go through the process. :)

Could it be made into a Sticky?

Thanks to BAExpats, I got my Precaria in less than a year. Otherwise, I'd have been a perma-tourist still today.

I've heard rumors that the civil code will be changed and people living with their Argy partner (although not married) might be able to get some sort of visa ... any news on this?

If you are not a tourist the answer is very loud and clear .... Y E S it's illegal to do just that.

Chances are ..... Immigration most probably will Ignore the written law (look the other way) and give you a new 90 days.
But there's a remote chance ... he decides he's going to enforce the law that morning .... and you will be in bad luck.

To Redpossum: Since you still ARE a tourist at this point, it IS 100% LEGAL for you to go to migraciones five days before your FIRST 90 day visa expires and request a 90 day extension.

This is referred to as the prorroga de permanencia (request to stay), but you can only do it once.

If you go to migraciones after that you might get lucky and be told to go to Uruguay, but it is now more likely you will be given an "ultima prorroga" which could be for another 90 days, but you could also be given only ten days to leave the country. Either way, it will be entered in your passport and then you will face additional scrutiny when you return from Uruguay (especially if you leave Argentina and return on the same day). The long expected "crackdown" on this practice has yet to happen.

The best advice khairy gave is to get temporary residency as soon as possible (if you can qualify for it).

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]'#7.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I don't think there is a similar service for digital [/background][background=yellow]FBI[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] background check for Yankees.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]May be you can have a digital live scan [/background]if you're in the US[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] and get your [/background][background=yellow]FBI[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] report in 3 days.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]But you can not FedEx your commesaria ink fingerprint [/background]from BA[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)].[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](I could be wrong, .. this is all new .. things are changing).[/background]You mentioned that for Yanquis getting their fingerprints to the US for the FBI background check, you're not sure if there is a digital service.'

Anybody have an update on this? I've been scanning the FBI website trying to find a Channeler that allows the fingerprints to be sent to them via email/scan vs. mail and I haven't had any luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Anyone used a national public translator to translate their documents e.g. Criminal Record? Are there quite a few of them and can anyone recommend one with contact details?

Anyone used a national public translator to translate their documents e.g. Criminal Record? Are there quite a few of them and can anyone recommend one with contact details?

You can find the complete list here: http://www.traductores.org.ar/buscar.
I don't have any experience with them.

Thank you Khairyexpat a lot for your generous sharing! I learnt a lot!

I have 2 questions for RCMP Criminal Record:

1, In #6, after a certified agent in Canada receive the result from RCMP, what means ''Legalize'' it? It needs another process? Or the RCMP record is already ''legalized'', and I should only translate it in spanish with national public translator in BA?

2, In #11, you mentioned ''RCMP expires in 90 days.'' If I get my RCMP criminal record in May 2014, and will apply for my first temporay residency in May 2015, and during the period may 2014 - may 2015 I go never back Canada, so Migraciones will accept my RCMP record of May 2014? Or otherwise, I should do a new record before May 2015?

Back