Immigration For Dummies

Thanks for so much information! I have problems currently about the student visa that is going to be expired in just few days.

The thing is, a few days ago I went to colonia, uruguay to extend visa by receiving 90 days tourist visa.

After i found out that the '90 dias turista' stamp wasn't there. They said that I couldn't get 90 days more because I still had the student visa, and told me that I had to go out from the country at the day when the student visa expires and come back after more than 24 hours.

In this case, is there still other ways to extend my days here to prepare my new student visa without going to uruguay again?

Thanks again

Thanks for so much information! I have problems currently about the student visa that is going to be expired in just few days.

The thing is, a few days ago I went to colonia, uruguay to extend visa by receiving 90 days tourist visa.

After i found out that the '90 dias turista' stamp wasn't there. They said that I couldn't get 90 days more because I still had the student visa, and told me that I had to go out from the country at the day when the student visa expires and come back after more than 24 hours.

In this case, is there still other ways to extend my days here to prepare my new student visa without going to uruguay again?

Thanks again

What???????
You stay, you do nothing, you apply for student residency (not visa).

Currently I am learning spanish at the uba institution, is it still possible to get the student residency? The institution gives the document confirming a student for only the months that I payed.

What an excellent guide, many thanks for all your hard work Khairy!

When I went to Migraciones this week they told me with the Residencia Precaria for my Student Visa I have to wait 6 months before being able to get a DNI but on here on the flow chart it shows 3 months? does this mean that 3 months from when I got the visa I can get the DNI?

I got residencia via student visa, and dni came in one month. This was april-may of this year.

You go to Retiro with your papers saying you are a registered in classes. The give you the precaria same say, you pay the dni fee same day, then go home and check the immigration status everyday to see where your din is in the process. 1 month you'll have it in hand.

It doesn't matter what any of them will day. It will arrive when it arrives. The people that tell you 3 or 6 months are just employees and don't actually know. I was told one month and it came seven months later.

Back