Import Bans Affecting Businesses

Farenheit

Registered
Today I went to collect a sander which had been dropped off for repair in January. When I called in April, it wasn't ready yet (!)
The shop vendor told me that I was being given a new sander as there weren't any parts available to repair it due to import bans. Obviously I'm delighted to have a brand new sander but I can't help think that this smacks of a crisis situation. What business can withstand this kind of continual financial loss (I'm assuming it will be Bosch/Skil losing out rather than the mom'n'pop store).
The only other customer in the shop was sent away as the expected delivery of the product he wanted still hadn't arrived and they were still waiting for deliveries to "normalize".

I'm finding the same with computer components for my shop when buying from wholesalers.
However I do know one or two people who are able to get me certain items on 48 hrs notice.

Neigbor was waiting eight months for a part for his car, simple oxygen sensor. Ended up bringing one for him from the evil empire. Have a friend for life now. Nickel holding a dollar up. Forget iPads, bring car parts..

not only computers Tennis Shoe manufacturer in Chivilcoy licensee for Addidas Nike, etc closed for 2 weeks in July for lack of parts imported from Brazil.....!

Back