Imported Food Products Are Allowed a Mirage?

Exactly what we were talking about:

Longvie shuts down production lines, pays workers to stay home instead of reducing prices.

Argentine businesses will cut off their noses to spite their faces before actually following the laws of supply and demand.
Remind me again how dollarizing will change this?
I think the English title here above is misleading. In the Spanish version it says Longvie is suspending workers, that is they are still on their payroll but the government pay 80% of their salaries. With these conditions it is easy from Longvie to do what they are doing, and just wait for better conditions without many consequences on their business.

I think the English title here above is misleading. In the Spanish version it says Longvie is suspending workers, that is they are still on their payroll but the government pay 80% of their salaries. With these conditions it is easy from Longvie to do what they are doing, and just wait for better conditions without many consequences on their business.
I think you missed the part about “supply and demand “. Is this government all about subsidising companies then?

Though the company in question would have been better named “Mortesubite” rather than “Longvie” given the reliability of its products 🙄

I think you missed the part about “supply and demand “. Is this government all about subsidising companies then?

Though the company in question would have been better named “Mortesubite” rather than “Longvie” given the reliability of its products 🙄
I think they are. Same thing happened, and at certain extent still happens, in Italy. They keep propping moribund companies because losing jobs in a particular geographical area would be politically bad for the party in power. Supply and demand is just an afterthought.

Exactly what we were talking about:

Longvie shuts down production lines, pays workers to stay home instead of reducing prices.

Argentine businesses will cut off their noses to spite their faces before actually following the laws of supply and demand.
Remind me again how dollarizing will change this?
Dollarizing won't change that, but opening Argentina's markets to the world will. If we're really going to have liberty, at some point we are going to have to have truly free and open markets. If not, all the rest of this is a bad joke.

Supply and demand don't work in this country as in an open market. Here many products are controlled by a few monopolies, that can regulate markets. Imported products will be controlled by the same players, and sold under cheaper misleading promos..!

Supply and demand don't work in this country as in an open market. Here many products are controlled by a few monopolies, that can regulate markets. Imported products will be controlled by the same players, and sold under cheaper misleading promos..!
I understand that. What I'm talking about is opening up the country to the world. They need to let everyone in. If this isn't in Milei's plans, then everything else he is doing is less than half the job. It's not going to be easy, but it has to be done, or the only liberty we'll have is to pay for the same old crap at much higher prices. Viva la libertad? La libertad para hacer que?

where did you see the govt is paying those salaries?

I understand that. What I'm talking about is opening up the country to the world. They need to let everyone in. If this isn't in Milei's plans, then everything else he is doing is less than half the job. It's not going to be easy, but it has to be done, or the only liberty we'll have is to pay for the same old crap at much higher prices. Viva la libertad? La libertad para hacer que?

Will imported food products solve the current dilemma Asado or Ensalada . Lettuce price higher than beef..!

where did you see the govt is paying those salaries?
You are right, the article simply states that the workers are gonna get 80% of their wages, but I would be very surprised if the company is payng for that. If things work here as in Italy, the government has a fund to cover wages for people temporarily not working, so the company don't have to fire them.

Back