No more imported food...

Please Argentina do not take my coffee and hot sauce away from me.

Will be good for Argentine production, but please don't take our Nutela away!!!

katti said:
It won't be that great for production if other countries choose to do the same towards Argentine products. In fact, if countries boycott soy, corn, wheat, and beef, Argentina is fucked.

katti said:

The quality of Argentine products will go down, because there will be no competition.

GOOD! So everyone will have to eat whatever anyone else eats...like the awesome Pizzas variety, the over cooked Asado meat, the tasteless and boring Empanadas and the mighty but unknown content Choripans...no more complains guys, gals, complains are over. Enjoy the good and unique Argie popular cuisine.

Kudos to Mr. Moreno to stand for the Made in Argentina.

Just one more bipolar step in the wrong direction. If you are looking for international investments, then these are not the flags to be running up pole.

ghost said:
Just one more bipolar step in the wrong direction. If you are looking for international investments, then these are not the flags to be running up pole.

Dude, do you know how strict the US is to allow imports that compete with their own production?? Argentina has always had a hard time to put products (fruits, meat, grains,..) in the states. There's always a small quota or none at all.
I agree that extreme protectionism is bad, but let's not be hypocrate. Countries are entitled to protect their own and in fact everyone does.

In the end, big countries (USA, China) win because they can put more pressure while giving NOTHING in exchange.
Even in free trade market aggrements (NAFTA, Eurozone), the bigger, more powerful countries (US, Germany, France) will crash small markets.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Not only is it another move in the wrong direction, it highlights the absolute bubble that the argentine food mindset exists in. I'm sorry, but Industria Argentina has NO equivalent for swiss chocolate, tabasco sauce, peanut butter, ranch dressing, or innumerable other items. It's going to bring the general quality down. They better stay away from the mexican and asian imports!

Gah, this place really pisses me off sometimes!! I want to want to love it and it just keeps making it harder.... GRRR!

Back