Imported Good Shops Practically Out of Business!!

PhilipDT said:
Hilarious. As usual the only people getting shafted here are the middle class, which christina has all but killed.

Agreed,...the total annihilation of the middle class is their number one goal...and who's going to benefit from all the extra import money? The people? is the money going to be wisely reinvested into the country?

And the saddest part is that there are enough gullible voters in this country who fall for this populist propaganda. Cause make no mistake about it, this import/export fiasco is designed to appeal to the poor & uneducated underclasses.

Looking at the bright side, at least by this time next year when the country goes into the usual cataclysmic economic implosion, this government will have to bare the brunt of all the blame for their criminal incompetence, and I suppose things will cost less again...for a while.

Philsword said:
... For most companies Argentina is just too small of a market and they will indeed decide its not worth it.
I'd wonder which country could fit their expectation in South America and keep thinking (just out of academical curiosity) how Vietnamese auto retailers surviving today ...:confused:

notebook.fix said:
Agreed,...the total annihilation of the middle class is their number one goal...and who's going to benefit from all the extra import money? The people? is the money going to be wisely reinvested into the country?

And the saddest part is that there are enough gullible voters in this country who fall for this populist propaganda. Cause make no mistake about it, this import/export fiasco is designed to appeal to the poor & uneducated underclasses.

Looking at the bright side, at least by this time next year when the country goes into the usual cataclysmic economic implosion, this government will have to bare the brunt of all the blame for their criminal incompetence, and I suppose things will cost less again...for a while.

First, thanks for your evaluation.
Secondly, it would be better for your audience of wealthy and educated citizens to become aware for them as well as yourself, to stop reading the following newspapers, Clarín, La Nación and Perfil, to name some of the most astute and unreliable, full of falsehood and lies newspapers that this country as ever seen and unfortunately still endure, also make an effort in stop watching Channel 13 (TN, etcetera) and if you can change the tuning of Radio Mitre as well, that alone is a good start in the detoxification of the mindless Recolecta bunch, and only then you and your audience will have the opportunity of a more balanced picture of the situation in this country.

Lucas said:
Secondly, it would be better for your audience of wealthy and educated citizens to become aware for them as well as yourself, to stop reading the following newspapers, Clarín, La Nación and Perfil, to name some of the most astute and unreliable, full of falsehood and lies newspapers that this country as ever seen and unfortunately still endure, also make an effort in stop watching Channel 13 (TN, etcetera) and if you can change the tuning of Radio Mitre as well, that alone is a good start in the detoxification of the mindless Recolecta bunch, and only then you and your audience will have the opportunity of a more balanced picture of the situation in this country.

You think we get this crap from the papers? All you have to do is look around in order to see what is going on here.

Clearly some people have trouble with that because their heads are so profoundly wedged into places that don't permit such an activity.

Lucas said:

i love internet trolls, they're funny

As long as I can still get good scotch I'm pretty happy with all the other local produce here - when it comes to food and wine its better than what I've had in the several countries I have called home in the past - anybody know if single malt whisky is suddenly going to become impossible to get? Do I need to stock up?

Lucas said:

Thanks for your advice Lucas....I don't know about my audience but I suppose that you & all the other 'K' worshipers would have me included in the audience that loves only watching one show...the 'Kretina, Chavez & Gadaffy' three stooges show on channel 7's 6-7-8 :) - What fun that would be. :)

Viva Chavez!! Viva Gaddafy Yeey! -And if Gaddafy makes it out alive, I wonder if Kretina will give him one of those ' free Journalism' awards too?

Hugo Chávez awarded journalism prize in Argentina
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/30/hugo-chavez-journalism-prize-argentina

Hugo Chávez declares his support for Muammar Gaddafi

http://m24digital.com/en/2011/02/25/hugo-chavez-declares-his-support-for-muammar-gaddafi/

Oh one more thing, have they delivered on their 3,000,000 nebooks 'save the children' promise yet? Where are they going to source these netbooks from? Oh,...from the confiscated shipping containers held up at the port I suppose.

notebook.fix said:
Oh one more thing, have they delivered on their 3,000,000 nebooks 'save the children' promise yet? Where are they going to source these netbooks from? Oh,...from the confiscated shipping containers held up at the port I suppose.

Not sure if they've given out all of them, but I was in Caballito yesterday and saw half a food court full of kids all using their identical little netbooks!

notebook.fix said:
Thanks for your advice Lucas....I don't know about my audience but I suppose that you & all the other 'K' worshipers would have me included in the audience that loves only watching one show...the 'Kretina, Chavez & Gadaffy' three stooges show on channel 7's 6-7-8 :) - What fun that would be. :)

Viva Chavez!! Viva Gaddafy Yeey! -And if Gaddafy makes it out alive, I wonder if Kretina will give him one of those ' free Journalism' awards too? http://m24digital.com/en/2011/02/25/hugo-chavez-declares-his-support-for-muammar-gaddafi/

They've already handed out more than a million netbooks. I agree, it's a horrible program. Are their parents like too lazy to go work and buy them their own netbooks? It's kind of like that Asignación Universal por Hijo program, public hospitals, and public education. Can't these people get jobs and pay for their own children, hospitals, and education? And as far as cutting imports, yeah, like, I have no idea what I'm going to do without my Gucci handbags. Looks like I'm going to have to go to Miami this year instead of Mar del Plata. How dare this government invest in programs for their people using taxes! If you're going to, like, spend taxes, you should like spend them on wars! duh. :rolleyes:

bradlyhale said:
They've already handed out more than a million netbooks. I agree, it's a horrible program. Are their parents like too lazy to go work and buy them their own netbooks? It's kind of like that Asignación Universal por Hijo program, public hospitals, and public education. Can't these people get jobs and pay for their own children, hospitals, and education? And as far as cutting imports, yeah, like, I have no idea what I'm going to do without my Gucci handbags. Looks like I'm going to have to go to Miami this year instead of Mar del Plata. How dare this government invest in programs for their people using taxes! If you're going to, like, spend taxes, you should like spend them on wars! duh. :rolleyes:
Yeah, agreed, by the way, do you own a laptop/netbook? And if you do...where did you buy it at? Here in BsAs? How much $$$ did you have to fork out?...oh ...sorry, I assumed you bought it here in Argentina seeing you support the punitive import duty/taxes on computers that ALL Argentine children have had to pay when ever they purchased such luxury items (computers) under the K regime. :)

I don't believe it, you actually support the Ks too?

Back