Imported Good Shops Practically Out of Business!!

Caz said:
As long as I can still get good scotch I'm pretty happy with all the other local produce here - when it comes to food and wine its better than what I've had in the several countries I have called home in the past - anybody know if single malt whisky is suddenly going to become impossible to get? Do I need to stock up?

It's always a good idea to stock up on scotch. It's not like it expires or anything, and you never know when you're going to need to go on a bender!

notebook.fix said:
Yeah, agreed, by the way, do you own a laptop/netbook? And if you do...where did you buy it at? Here in BsAs? How much $$$ did you have to fork out?...oh ...sorry, I assumed you bought it here in Argentina seeing you support the punitive import duty/taxes on computers that ALL Argentine children have had to pay when ever they purchased such luxury items (computers) under the K regime. :)

I don't believe it, you actually support the Ks too?

There are a lot of things that aren't great here. There are a lot of programs I disagree with. I'm sure we could agree that Fútbol Para Todos, Merluza Para Todos, Carne Para Todos, etc., etc. are a waste of public funds. On the other hand, I do support programs/laws like the Asignación Universal Por Hijo, Conectar Igualdad, Matrimonio Igualitario, Financiación Pyme, etc. Is President Fernández doing everything right? No -- even she admitted as much. However, a lot of people have benefited from the programs under her and President Kirchner. Perhaps you and I haven't, but we are probably in completely different situations than the 50 percent of the people who voted for her in the primaries.

If my purchasing of a laptop here makes this possible, then the price is worth it. It's better than what they're doing in my home country. In the U.S., they bail out banks in two seconds, yet have to debate unemployment checks for weeks. Senator Bernie Sanders couldn't have put it any better: "The Federal Reserve bailout was welfare for the rich and powerful and you-are-on-your-own rugged individualism for everyone else."

Why are they giving out 1 million netbooks when there are so many little kids working with their cartonero parents in the streets and struggling for food and shelter. Christina strikes me as a bit like Marie Antoinette if you ask me. Maybe she'll start handing out bottles of fancy aftershave to the homeless next!

scotttswan said:
do you have a source for this?

I experienced it myself. The owner of a company I am a consultant for imported machinery components and exported wheat, corn, or something like that to avoid trouble.

I could not find a proper law or decree, but there are tonnes of articles in newspapers:

here, here, or here

Interesting, Amargo, it looks like they only have to show a business plan that they intend to import the same dollar value the following year. Guess it wouldn't be set in stone then....

CarverFan said:
Interesting, Amargo, it looks like they only have to show a business plan that they intend to import the same dollar value the following year. Guess it wouldn't be set in stone then....

Exactly! As long as they can con the majority to get them over & across the election line, who cares if these companies follow through next year... another nice neat little package/plan to sell to the 'simple' voters who swallow it, hook line & sinker.

Christina also managed to have the corruption investigation into her financial dealings postponed till after the elections too...I wonder what Amargo thinks about this tactical move by the Ks?

Amargo said:
I experienced it myself. The owner of a company I am a consultant for imported machinery components and exported wheat, corn, or something like that to avoid trouble.

I could not find a proper law or decree, but there are tonnes of articles in newspapers:

here, here, or here

That is absolutely crazy!

notebook.fix said:
Thanks for your advice Lucas....I don't know about my audience but I suppose that you & all the other 'K' worshipers would have me included in the audience that loves only watching one show...the 'Kretina, Chavez & Gadaffy' three stooges show on channel 7's 6-7-8 :) - What fun that would be. :)

Viva Chavez!! Viva Gaddafy Yeey! -And if Gaddafy makes it out alive, I wonder if Kretina will give him one of those ' free Journalism' awards too?

Hugo Chávez awarded journalism prize in Argentina
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/30/hugo-chavez-journalism-prize-argentina

Hugo Chávez declares his support for Muammar Gaddafi

http://m24digital.com/en/2011/02/25/hugo-chavez-declares-his-support-for-muammar-gaddafi/

Oh one more thing, have they delivered on their 3,000,000 nebooks 'save the children' promise yet? Where are they going to source these netbooks from? Oh,...from the confiscated shipping containers held up at the port I suppose.

I know, for people like you probably it will be Viva Bush 'father and son', Viva Pinochet, Viva Videla, Viva Uribe, Viva Piñera, Viva Thatcher...etc.

It's very obvious that you are reading too much of those newspapers mentioned above and watching too much TN I say this because you do not have any idea of how many of these children computers have already been delivered or where those computers are manufactured. I would tell you as an advance that more than 1.000.000 of those computers are already in these kid hands and that was accomplished one or two month ago. Argentina is one of the leaders worldwide if not the leader to have delivered those computers to dispossessed children of this country. Argentina is in first or second place to commit to these promises, also these computers (in 3 stages) will be 100% manufactured in their last face locally (Industria Argentina), but I'm not surprised by your ignorance in these matters, your source of information is so screwed up that your ignorance can only increase day by day.

"La Presidenta entregó la netbook número un millón"

“Logramos cumplir uno de los primeros objetivos del programa Conectar Igualdad, que era llegar nada menos que al millón de chicos. A fines de 2012, alcanzaremos a entregar un total de tres millones en todo el país"

"Conectar Igualdad: de qué marca serán las 1.5 M de netbooks restantes"

El primer estrato corresponde a netbooks fabricadas 100% en el exterior, o sea, el plan Conectar Igualdad estaría importando dispositivos. En este caso, los tres fabricantes elegidos fueron Samsung, Lenovo y Dell. El segundo grupo corresponde a empresas que ensamblan localmente. Las tres empresas seleccionadas fueron Exo (por segunda vez), Banghó y la puntana Coradir. Por último está el grupo de los que fabrican 100% en el país, desde el mother hasta el emsamblado, como es el caso de Newsan y BGH, ambos con plantas en Tierra del Fuego.

"Conectar Igualdad: E-Learning Class V6.0 en las netbooks argentinas"

Esta semana se entregó en Argentina la computadora número 1.000.000 del Plan Conectar Igualdad. Se espera para este año, llegar a 1.800.000 netbooks entregadas. El Programa fue lanzado en abril de 2010, es una iniciativa que busca recuperar y valorizar la escuela pública con el fin de reducir las brechas digitales, educativas y sociales.

Egresadas_de_secundarias_públicas1.jpg

I fully believe that protecting local businesses from cheap imports only helps Argentina and is a win win situation for job creation. In Europe and especially the USA the manafacturing industry has massively declined and cheap chinese products have destroyed the american working class . Look at the city of Detroit USA to see what happens when you do not protect your industries .

There is historical low unemployment in Buenos Aires now and this is due to some good policies of the Kirchner government. I would prefer to pay more for local products if it protects the argentinian workers and guarantees that they are in stable employment.

Many local made products are well made and with government support the manafacturing base will greatly improve in the coming years

Back