#1 and #2 Can be taken care of with one phone call to customs agent that will quote bribe amount on the spot. Modifications parts and labor included.A fu
A good research project ...!
- Find out the import vehicle regulations in all neighboring Mercosur Countries
- Find out the regulations to nationalize (obtain local plates) for a vehicle in all Mercosur Countries.
- Study all the possible combinations of the above options and obtain the Optimum in terms of Cost, time , and paperwork.
- Another Option enter Arg with Mercosur Plates and exit every six months
- Drive the car down the Panamericana from the USA.
#3 Yes, some jurisdictions do take time issuing permanent plates but the same customs agent can negotiate reasonable wait time.
#4 Keep in mind the purpose of this research project is to retain as many as possible options to respond effectively to any any situation created by arg customs and not being subject of blackmail while they holding your car and yourself as hostage. In that case, a border run every 3-6 months might be seen as a reasonable compromise.
#5 That route is no longer available since Darien gap ferry suspended operations.