Importing a TV from USA to Argentina

rickulivi

Registered
Hi All

I am thinking of buying a 75 inch TV at Costco in the US and having it shipped to BsAs. Will it work here? Once someone told me that the type of TV units that work in the USA do not work here. I think it has something to do with PAL or the Japanese vs. the European systems that make TVs work.

Can you share any experience on this matter?

Don't do it. Saved you a lot of problems :) If you want a TV buy it here
Thank you for your reply. Can you please cite reasons for buying it here vs. importing? And I don't know if they have 75 inch TVs here (I'll check that out).

They have them here, there’s even an 82” model being sold in Mercadolibre. The big electronic stores here are Musimundo ,Fravega Jumbo, Coto all should have them too. All the big name brands, RCA, Samsung, SONY, LG, etc.
Anytime you can avoid dealing with customs is a big plus. Not to mention if there’s some issue with it and need to send it back.
I bought my Smart TV's here (two). You can get them with a two year warranty just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
beyond the logistical nightmare of doing this..

you need to check the voltage requirement of the TV. make sure it functions on 220v, otherwise you need to buy a suitable transformer to use it. my TVs i brought here didn't work on 220.

i have also heard of people having problems with the electric frequency too, although for me i've not had any issue and mine work perfect with the transformers.

are you even sure you will save money doing it this way? what happens if it's damaged in transit?

I don't know if they have 75 inch TVs here.

I just found these three75" TVs in Mercado Libre:

Have you ever considered buying a projection TV?

It is pretty trick! Small / portable / great picture quality on any readily available wall and best yet, a whole lot cheaper.

Have you ever considered buying a projection TV?

It is pretty trick! Small / portable / great picture quality on any readily available wall and best yet, a whole lot cheaper.
This is something you could easily buy out of country, take to Argentina and it probably would not attract any attention what so ever when you are checking in through customs (Assuming you don't bring the factory packaging with you.)

They have them here, there’s even an 82” model being sold in Mercadolibre. The big electronic stores here are Musimundo ,Fravega Jumbo, Coto all should have them too. All the big name brands, RCA, Samsung, SONY, LG, etc.
Anytime you can avoid dealing with customs is a big plus. Not to mention if there’s some issue with it and need to send it back.
I bought my Smart TV's here (two). You can get them with a two year warranty just to be on the safe side.
Thak you. I had not gone shopping, and I assumed they did not have them here. I will check them out.

I just found these three75" TVs in Mercado Libre:

Thank you. I will check them out.

Back