In Memoriam, Charlie Hebdo

So you don't think the Crusades still resonate in the collective consciousness of Islamists? You don't think that radicals refer to the military actions of the US as "crusades" against Islam? You don't think that they use that to recruit young boys to their cause or try to swing popular opinion?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/0919/p12s2-woeu.html

Or the support in favor of Israel by US Christians (which probably motivated partly GWB), with the belief Jews will ultimately convert to Christianity, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionism

Or some of the US soldiers who had engraved Jesus on their rifle during the Iraqi war (if some recall)

Also the very passive attitude of Western countries when Muslims were eliminated in former Yugoslavia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Genocide

The problems tend to happen after the Freedom Delivery.

"Oh, sorry sir, you didn't order drone bombings, political instability, poverty and outside interference with your Freedom? We'll check your order and get right back to you"

What does this have to do with Paris or with Islam? Do you believe the attackers were from Mali or defenders of Azawad? I don't. Then what does France have to do with any of that? France was the only big Western European country that did not take part in the "Coallition of the Willing". Don't you remember how French Fries were replaced by Freedom Fries, and French kisses by Freedom kisses?

The timing is really bad and suspicious, maybe it was all planned by Houellebecq to boost sales of his new book.

In any case let's remember that Submission to the Old Testament God as interpreted by Arabian warlords, or "islam", is above all a religion of peace[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]™[/background]. In fact it was through peaceful proselytising that Islam got to have that many million souls submitted.

Jihad, which means striving, is only one of the pillars, and it does not necessarily involve violence. While the prophet should be held in great esteem and respect, a moderate muslim is not to imitate him or strive in the same way he did.

I remember the very famous photo of Christ being pissed over. I don't believe the photographer got the Christian equivalent of a Fatwa (maybe because there is no equivalent). When here in Argentina Leon Ferrari did something similar insulting Catholics I remember the offended party would join in circles, pray for his soul and sing. I suppose there is no difference between Christianity and Submission.

What does this have to do with Paris or with Islam? Do you believe the attackers were from Mali or defenders of Azawad? I don't. Then what does France have to do with any of that? France was the only big Western European country that did not take part in the "Coallition of the Willing". Don't you remember how French Fries were replaced by Freedom Fries, and French kisses by Freedom kisses?

The timing is really bad and suspicious, maybe it was all planned by Houellebecq to boost sales of his new book.

In any case let's remember that Submission to the Old Testament God as interpreted by Arabian warlords, or "islam", is above all a religion of peace[background=rgb(252,252,252)]™[/background]. In fact it was through peaceful proselytising that Islam got to have that many million souls submitted.

Jihad, which means striving, is only one of the pillars, and it does not necessarily involve violence. While the prophet should be held in great esteem and respect, a moderate muslim is not to imitate him or strive in the same way he did.

I remember the very famous photo of Christ being pissed over. I don't believe the photographer got the Christian equivalent of a Fatwa (maybe because there is no equivalent). When here in Argentina Leon Ferrari did something similar insulting Catholics I remember the offended party would join in circles, pray for his soul and sing. I suppose there is no difference between Christianity and Submission.

It has nothing to do with Paris, and was a response to another comment which seemed to have a wider scope. You're assigning a point to me which I haven't made nor believe in. Obviously these attacks are attacks on a specific group of cartoonists and not the French establishment.

I don't think it's a zero sum argument, you can be against islamic fundamentalism AND unecessarily agressive foreign policy (EU & US). I don't believe that's mutually exclusive.

I guess the destruction of everything that we hold dear is an acceptable price for hypothetical destruction of the tiny people Europeans hate more than they love themselves.

I guess the destruction of everything that we hold dear is an acceptable price for hypothetical destruction of the tiny people Europeans hate more than they love themselves.

Fill in the blanks, no idea who you mean?

Danmark and Sweden are both Christian Monarchies and face the same "challenge", in fact just a few weeks ago a woman was heavily punished for wearing a little gold necklace in public.

Curious about this...citation please.

This story has long bee suspected as FRAUD. The victim, who NEVER reported the incident to the police, is a pro-Israel activist. Other than extremist right wing pro-israeli websites, no one on the Swedish press ever reported anything about this. Other than her claims, there is no evidence that this incident ever happened. No independent witnesses and she never contacted the police to press charges.

Back