In Memoriam, Charlie Hebdo

Turke ya democracy?where?ask the kurds about it,democracy is much more than elections,there is no freedom of speach in turkey.
Dont know about the other too,maybe,could be,they are also,the insignificant example,2 out of dozens

Turkey is as good an example of democracy as Israel is. You ask about the Kurds, but what about the Palestinians? I guess they don't count because they aren't on your team. Or to phrase it more accurately, their bullshit religions is not the same as your bullshit religion.

Rather Persian JP, not Arab

Mosaddegh's brief career as the democratically elected leader of an oil rich middle eastern nation gives us some indication as to why there are no arab democracies.

Turkey is as good an example of democracy as Israel is. You ask about the Kurds, but what about the Palestinians? I guess they don't count because they aren't on your team. Or to phrase it more accurately, their bullshit religions is not the same as your bullshit religion.
Bulshit,palestinians are not massacred,palestinians,are not being denied their arab identity (palestinian identity does not exist),the state of israel funds schools that teach in arabic language,kurdish language is baned in turkey.
Islam is not forbidden in Israel,arabs sit in the knesset,kurds,do not sit in the turkish parliament.
Freedom of speahc is legal in Israel,in turkey,critizising the country is against the law.

Mosaddegh's brief career as the democratically elected leader of an oil rich middle eastern nation gives us some indication as to why there are no arab democracies.
if I remember weel,mossadegh ousted the sha,was not eelcted to replace it
yes the lack of democracy and minimal civilization in the arab and moslem world,is because of the western world

Ok so now we're going to compare equality, rights, free speech etc in Israel - perfect or not - and TURKEY. Really?

Try to compare the pronouncements made by Arab MK's in Israel on any given week, and the reaction thereto, with Turkey's. What are you smoking??

W5eChOh.gif

This, without the fact that at no point AFAIK did Turkish Kurds unite with Kurds in 5-6 other countries in war against the Turks. With the full backing of a billion strong Kurdish League. Multiple times, including before there even were Kurds in Turkey.

Only when one tries to make the comparison, translating one experience into the terms of the other, without the inherent double standard, does the sheer ludicrousness of the discourse come into full relief.

The question of Israel is rather separate. I wish Israel luck on solving its security problems, but it has little to do with the presence of Muslims in France or other parts of Europe. Muslims, and others from the 3d world, were invited by the French elites (and other left-wing European elites like in Sweden) in order to provide cheap labor and also to demographically dilute the native European populations for the purpose of buying votes. The left wing especially survives by buying the votes of masses of 3d world immigrants it imports, while the very rich agree to this because it lowers the cost of labor. The French people never had any say in this. It goes well beyond the question of Islam or what it means.

The European peoples are starting to take a stand.

Back