Inernational Post-Vol 2 Part 13

Red, absolutely sweet f*** all to do with any other country or Bush or Blair or Obama.
I'm referring to Argentina in isolation which, as most of us know, seems to exist in its own special and unique place in the universe.

LOL. To quote an Argentine acquaintance, "El mundo se divida en tres partes, Occidental, Oriental, y Argentina"

Except, of course, it doesn't exist in isolation, but OK.

LOL. To quote an Argentine acquaintance, "El mundo se divida en tres partes, Occidental, Oriental, y Argentina"

Except, of course, it doesn't exist in isolation, but OK.

Red, _"El mundo se ( divida )= divide+ en tres partes, correction for your own good! Just a prank He,he,heee

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I'm referring to Argentina in isolation.....semantics.[/background]

A few weeks back DHL knocked on my door, delivering some DVDs of a documentary we worked on. We were fairly impressed that they had arrived at our door within days of them being sent. We were less impressed that 600 pesos of "customs charges" had been applied to a few DVDs with no commercial value. We wouldn't pay, so they got returned to sender.

Ah, Argentina. Un pais en serio.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that not once was I asked for any ID whatsoever, which seems a bit odd considering the DNI is asked for in almost every tramite.

Hi everyone, can anyone confirm if in the last month they have been charged $40 pesos to receive a plain old letter from abroad? Not certified or DHL or anything special. Just a plain, old letter... I know of someone who was and I was surprised not to see anything about it here on the forum.

I picked up a birthday card from the Olivos post office this morning which was sent registered, which is a little closer than Ezeiza, thank goodness.

Hi Gringoboy, so your birthday card went to the local post office and not to your house? I'm assuming you got the paper saying you had to pay 40 pesos?

Back