Information Needed

Do not take the bus, if this is your first trip to EZE. Just splurge some money and take a taxi from taxi ezeiza. Yes, you can withdraw 300 pesos from the Citibank ATM machine, located next to Taxi Ezeiza counter, to reach home safely. That would be like 65 us$ And rest of the money you exchange at a good cueva. Look up the cueva threads for info or msg me for more info.

Suerte

Thanks Ceviche, I'll be taking the taxi. After 30 hours on a plane and with a schedule to keep I don't think any bus driver in this world would enjoy my company :D

You should also check out www.comoviajo.com gives you options with all type of public transport...website doesn't work properly sometimes, but when it does it's pretty useful.

Agreed - long flight and luggage, take a taxi. Esp if you don't know exactly where you're going. Do NOT try to figure out the bus with luggage, tired and not knowing BsAs yet.

And take a taxi from Tazi Ezeia. They have the airport concession, they are honest and trustworthy and will walk you out to the taxi and give you a receipt. Can't recommend them enough. You will see their stand as you pass after you clear customs, go through the little room (ignore the stands there) and exit through the sliding doors. They do take credit cards as well as dollars. No, their exchange rate isn't great so if you pay in dollars, they will charge you at the official rate (maso 45 USD) but again, they're legit and it's easy. Even better if you have pesos.

Once you get to your apt or hotel, drop off your bags and then start to figure out the bus and subway system.

And to the person who posted they paid 90 pesos for a taxi from the airport to town - um.. don't think so. I paid 52 yesterday for a taxi from Corrientes/Larrea to Libertador/Maure. 90 pesos is not anywhere within possibility for a metered rate. Maybe you worked out a special deal - kudos to you - but that isn't really helpful/realistic for a newcomer.

Agreed - long flight and luggage, take a taxi. Esp if you don't know exactly where you're going. Do NOT try to figure out the bus with luggage, tired and not knowing BsAs yet.

And take a taxi from Tazi Ezeia. They have the airport concession, they are honest and trustworthy and will walk you out to the taxi and give you a receipt. Can't recommend them enough. You will see their stand as you pass after you clear customs, go through the little room (ignore the stands there) and exit through the sliding doors. They do take credit cards as well as dollars. No, their exchange rate isn't great so if you pay in dollars, they will charge you at the official rate (maso 45 USD) but again, they're legit and it's easy. Even better if you have pesos.

Once you get to your apt or hotel, drop off your bags and then start to figure out the bus and subway system.

And to the person who posted they paid 90 pesos for a taxi from the airport to town - um.. don't think so. I paid 52 yesterday for a taxi from Corrientes/Larrea to Libertador/Maure. 90 pesos is not anywhere within possibility for a metered rate. Maybe you worked out a special deal - kudos to you - but that isn't really helpful/realistic for a newcomer.

I paid ·$90 pesos to Ezeiza with Alotaxi in 2003 ...!!

The cheapest way: if you do have baggage and only you will carry a back-pack, you could catch the bus #8 at the terminal of Ezeiza.
You will pay about one dollar in Argie coins, but it will take 2 hours to get to downtown. Can not be beaten!!!!

People still use guia ts? It's 2013!

Also como viajo? Please! Let me make your life so much simpler: http://www.viaja-facil.com

I only use omnilineas these days to visualize the entire route of a particular bus line (which it does very well)

I still use guia T, I have it memorized (the grids, not each line) so it is quicker than trying to look it up online for me. . . also I have found that using a smart phone to get onto google maps or similar uses up all the battery and connections can be spotty.
I have also found GPS in Buenos Aires to be quite unuseful--it will get you where you want to go 70% of the time but never the quickest route!

Once you go through customs, the very first booth on the left is called VIP...they were excellent. Not sure if you need to book it in advance or not (I did) but couldn't hurt to try.

Back