Instant Broth....??

I just fried meatballs and made gravy for them last night. I am a gravy klutz, but here's what I do...it's fast and easy:
Take 2 of those Knorr cubes and boil them in about 400 ccs of water (I've used both chicken and veggie in the past. Honestly, I don't notice too much of a taste difference). Set aside.
Meanwhile, fry the meatballs in oil and a bit of butter (or whatever, this is what I use). When they're finished, take the meatballs out and pour about half of the broth in the frying pan. Turn the heat back on and scrape the pan to get all the good stuff off the pan and into the broth. Mix this meaty broth and the regular broth together.
Next, take about...oh, idk, maybe half a cup of milk and three tablespoons of flour and mix them together in a separate bowl...Get all the flour mixed up well so it's not lumpy.
Add this to the meaty broth/regular broth mixture. Heat it up, stir it like crazy so it won't burn, and it'll thicken a bit.
Finished!
I make this all the time and it's never gotten weird, lumpy, or horrible.

thanks will try this tommorrow, would it work with powdered potato pure instead of flower?

It would work with potato puree but it must go in separately from the milk in this instance as otherwise it becomes lumpy. It needs to go in when the broth is at boiling point .

I always make a ground with butter and flour (using a whisk), poor water and/or red wine and paprika and the knorr thing powder ("Bratensauce" - don't know how it's called here or if it even exist. I brought some...) and a little ketchup for the final consistence and taste (and sometimes aceto balsamico, soy sauce, mostard...). That's a very easy option and takes only some minutes to prepare...

btw, I went to that Bodega Ampro yesterday because I've read here they have Heinz Ketchup... not anymore! Does anybody knows where I find my nr. 1 side dish? :) it's terrible, all over the world you find Heinz Ketchup, except here?

I always make a ground with butter and flour (using a whisk), poor water and/or red wine and paprika and the knorr thing powder ("Bratensauce" - don't know how it's called here or if it even exist. I brought some...) and a little ketchup for the final consistence and taste (and sometimes aceto balsamico, soy sauce, mostard...). That's a very easy option and takes only some minutes to prepare...

btw, I went to that Bodega Ampro yesterday because I've read here they have Heinz Ketchup... not anymore! Does anybody knows where I find my nr. 1 side dish? :) it's terrible, all over the world you find Heinz Ketchup, except here?

C'est la Vie....!! :wub:

I always see Heinz ketchup at Carrefour (the one nearest me is right off of Libertador and Laprida here in V. Lopez, near Parque de los Ninos).

Hey, Rich One, did you try your gravy yet? I don't know much about adding potato puree to gravy, so hopefully you listened to Aleina Dee and it turned out well. :cool:

[sub]SALT WARNING : Based on my experience, I have found Argentine bouillon cubes to be much much saltier than those I have used in other countries. [/sub][sub]Adjust your recipe accordingly.[/sub]

I always see Heinz ketchup at Carrefour (the one nearest me is right off of Libertador and Laprida here in V. Lopez, near Parque de los Ninos).

Hey, Rich One, did you try your gravy yet? I don't know much about adding potato puree to gravy, so hopefully you listened to Aleina Dee and it turned out well. :cool:

I always go to shop at Carrefour around the corner (close to Subte M. Carranza) and was at other Carrefours as well... the next time, I'll ask then... thanks!

Back