International Child Custody

A small case but in the case of Katja Leendertz where the father kidnapped the Dutch(maybe American as well) daughter from Holland and took her to the US, the father is sentenced to 2 years in jail(one year suspended) and a fine to the mother and daughter of 70.000 euro. As far as I know he will be either extradited to Holland or can make a request to serve his sentence in the US. He did have a US court order of the custody but it was not validated by any Dutch court.

Father is Dutch American and mother from Ukraine but with likely a Dutch pasport and the kid was living legally in Holland since 8 years when kidnapped.

Don't know how Argentina treats child-kidnapping but I am hoping atleast as severe as Holland does it.

We are planning a move back to the states at some point which means that my daughter will be residing there. How do you deal with minors coming back into the country if they aren't living here? We would just sign a form in the states?

nikad said:
Yes, you got it right.

I have that permission and have been working out of the country with my Argentine 2 year old daughter.. My husband is in BA and doesnt work, I am sick and tired of his verbal psychological and physical abuse so I refused to send him a ticket to come visit us and am planning on divorcing as soon as I get to BA. I'm wondering... do I have to go back or could I move to LA with my Argentine baby.. I have the written consent I've been using for the past 2 years, its valid til shes 18 but only for visiting I assume?

He's also threatening to "denunciarme" for kidnapping, could he even do this since it will be a total of almost 4 months and we have return tickets? Thanks!

Back