International Post

Well I started this thread so I'll try and wrap it up. To cut a long story short

My wife went this morning to get our son's birthday parcel which we received a Correo notification from 3 weeks ago. We had one month to collect it. We printed off a form from the AFIP site but as we had no idea what parcel had arrived she took a blank form to fill in there.

At Retiro there were two queues. One to get in the building which took one hour. Then the second to get your ticket which allows you wait for your number to be eventually called. My wife gave up after 2 hours of standing (there are no chairs) and waiting for nothing particular to happen. It was a 'kilombo'. She was told that there were 2 to 3 containers full of parcels still to be opened.

All this for a birthday present for our 5 year old sent over 2 months ago.

My advice. Tell your friends and family to put money in your overseas account and then spend it buying apps and books for your kindle.

My update:

75+ days in process of classification. Prospects for delivery look slim. Time to start the stages of grief over loss (robbery)

I'm 3 weeks without even having had my package checked in to argentina. :/ Ill give it 2 more weeks before I start the reclamos.

My envelope marked documents never arrived. 4 months later I'm calling it a loss.

Just picked up another package yesterday, took 12 days via USPS from the states and I paid 240 pesos for it, 5 kg clothes, house hold items etc. Ok so this is how they calculate what you're supposed to pay, they take the amount paid for postage and add the declared value and divide it in half, my package was $75 for postage and $62 for the declared value but I only paid the half of the declared amount this time,$31 which came out to be 240 pesos. The guy said he was gonna do me a favor and not charge me the postage amount this time. Took me about 3 hours to pick up. 3 liters of beer made that time go by pretty quick.

Back