International Post

prettejohn

Registered
We've seen a serious drop in post and parcels arriving. It's my son's birthday today and last year all the presents arrived on time from the UK. We also received a fair few of our Christmas parcels although not all. This year not a single parcel has arrived despite us still living at the same address.

How do you go about finding where they are and how to get them? We have received no notification or official slip to say they have been detained.

Any advice welcome! Thank you

I think we all have mate. Many things simply disappear into thin air.
A mate of mine posted sunglasses to me on 31st Jan from Texas.
I told him they would probably never make it and end up on some geezer's face near Retiro but he wouldn't listen.
He sent them registered US Postal Service and here's a track of them:

I'll let you know how things develop.

We had the same with our 2 boxes that arrived from Washington State. They were sent Jan 23 and my family was told when sending them that we'd have them within 5 to 10 days. The first box came fine, but I have yet to receive a notification for the second one. Last night I checked the tracking number, and it supposedly entered the country yesterday. So, we'll see.

How do you go about finding where they are and how to get them? We have received no notification or official slip to say they have been detained.

You can start your search on the web if you have a tracking number. For me it's hit or miss whether the package gets logged into the system though. If it's in the system at least that gives you a starting point to make an inquiry.

http://www.correoargentino.com.ar/formularios/oidn

We had the same with our 2 boxes that arrived from Washington State. They were sent Jan 23 and my family was told when sending them that we'd have them within 5 to 10 days. The first box came fine, but I have yet to receive a notification for the second one. Last night I checked the tracking number, and it supposedly entered the country yesterday. So, we'll see.
I receive packages from the US regularly via USPS, I always check the tracking number and once it gets to Argentina I wait 2 days and if the paper to pick up isnt delivered by correo I just head down to Retiro with my passport and tracking number and always pick up with no problem, last package being about a week ago, although they charged me (for the first time) 25 pesos and another 100 for I have no clue what since I dont speak castellano I just paid and left with my box.

When were the parcels sent? We had some sent from the UK via international signed for back in early December and we only received them a few weeks ago. Checking with the post office they gave us the tracking number that were assigned here and it turns out they were stuck in the system for 2 months! So might be the case with yours.

When were the parcels sent? We had some sent from the UK via international signed for back in early December and we only received them a few weeks ago. Checking with the post office they gave us the tracking number that were assigned here and it turns out they were stuck in the system for 2 months! So might be the case with yours.
Mine usually take about 7-10 days to get here from the US.

Mine usually take about 7-10 days to get here from the US.

But are these just letter post or parcels. I find that anything like A4 size papers takes a few weeks but anything substantial takes much longer.

Back