International Schools

SingapreExpat

Registered
I am an expat in Singapore, considering relocation to Buenos Aires. I have a 17 month old daughter and I want to consider her pre schooling and early school years if we are there for a long time. I find it important to make sure she is a fluent English speaker, as well as her second language. Being a full time, single, working Mum that travels all the time, she doesn't get enough English language from me.
I would appreciate information on good pre-schools and schools in Buenos Aires. Thanks

daniella

Registered
the major expat school here is lincoln. then there is b.a.i.c.a, which is christian, and the UCChurch's Global Garden that also has a preschool programme. they are high priced, and give a priveleged yanqui education. if that is what you want.otherwise, saint andrews, northlands, and other less highend local bilingual schools offer beginning at sala de 3, as they call it, 3 years and up...go to yahoo argentina and google bilingual schools you should find a bunch.good luck!

Xpat28

Registered
Hi Daniella,

If you are thinking a bit ahead, I would reccomend BAICA (Buenos Aires International Christian School) located in San Fernando (North Zone of BA suburbs). It is a PK3-12 grade school that follows the US calendar. It is small, it has a loving environment and teachers (all from US)are very professional and caring. Children speak English all day long (8:30 to 3:30) since it is an International school, children from all over the world communicate in English. You might try having a look at their website: www.baica.com. I send my children there and they love it. It has been 4 years already.

Xpat28

Registered
Hi Daniella,

If you are thinking a bit ahead, I would reccomend BAICA (Buenos Aires International Christian School) located in San Fernando (North Zone of BA suburbs). It is a PK3-12 grade school that follows the US calendar. It is small, it has a loving environment and teachers (all from US)are very professional and caring. Children speak English all day long (8:30 to 3:30) since it is an International school, children from all over the world communicate in English. You might try having a look at their website: www.baica.com. I send my children there and they love it. It has been 4 years already.