International Women's Day Strike In Capital Federal

And why is that?
Because I strongly believe that rights come with obligations. It is your obligation to take all possible precautions if you do not want to become pregnant. There are about half dozen contraceptive methods and the most basic one is to refrain from having sex with intercourse. If you feel sorry about an abandoned animal, support human rights, how can you possibly support that due to negligence a baby should be chopped in pieces and flushed down the toilet? This is roughly why I do not support it and want nothing to do with it.

The demands where multiple

Machismo and sex violence
A state employment quota for transexuals
End prostitution exploitation by pimps
Equal salary
Equal employment oppts.
Female train conductors

Among others

Among others: legal abortion

Because I strongly believe that rights come with obligations. It is your obligation to take all possible precautions if you do not want to become pregnant. There are about half dozen contraceptive methods and the most basic one is to refrain from having sex with intercourse. If you feel sorry about an abandoned animal, support human rights, how can you possibly support that due to negligence a baby should be chopped in pieces and flushed down the toilet? This is roughly why I do not support it and want nothing to do with it.

Well because it's not really a baby. It's just a blank templete of which we have a near infinite supply. If someday there is an existencial threat to humanity caused by rampant infertility I could see treating a pregnancy as something precious, but we don't have that problem at all.

My sister was a twin before she savagely killed her sister in the womb. If it has been the otherway around would I mourn the lost of my current sister who I love? No because I love her because of who she became, not who she was at 7 months. Any outcome at that point really would have made no difference to the fact that I have one sister. Her name would be the same. In fact despite their being 2 heartbeats and my parents picking 2 names, they have no clue which of those two ended up being my sister and who just became a bit of biological waste.

Well because it's not really a baby. It's just a blank templete of which we have a near infinite supply. If someday there is an existencial threat to humanity caused by rampant infertility I could see treating a pregnancy as something precious, but we don't have that problem at all.

My sister was a twin before she savagely killed her sister in the womb. If it has been the otherway around would I mourn the lost of my current sister who I love? No because I love her because of who she became, not who she was at 7 months. Any outcome at that point really would have made no difference to the fact that I have one sister. Her name would be the same. In fact despite their being 2 heartbeats and my parents picking 2 names, they have no clue which of those two ended up being my sister and who just became a bit of biological waste.
I am not sure if your story is real or not, but it is a very unfortunate situation ..l. as i a matter of fact I had a twin sister that died in my mother's womb minutes after I was born. It has nothing to do with abortion. In my family we lost a baby, not a fetus, or a bunch of cells. It was a person, and as such was buried in the cemetery. I find it very insulting that you just referred to MY twin sister as a waste. Now, If you excuse me, I do not wish to keep exchanging any kind of opinions with you.

Well that is a truly unfortunate coincidence. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, I wouldn't have been so flip about it had I known.

As a matter of fact it is a true story. I guess it might be a cultural difference. The other fetus wasn't buried and when my sister (and I) found out about it at 10 yo from our grandmother she asked my mom why she had never told her and my mom replied "honestly I totally forgot about it". My sister had a minor freak out which lasted a couple months and my mom told her she was being rediculous that she was fine before she knew and if it didn't bother her then why should my sister care? In our case the other one wasn't burried; I've never thought about but I think the hospital incinerated that kind of stuff back in the day. My parents donated the double stroller and the other crib and just reused my stuff for my sister and the topic never came up.

Personally I've always felt like it didn't make sense to care more about my sister's hypothetical sister than the countless hypothetical syblings my parents could have concieved had a butterfly beat its wings. But that is just my personal opinion, which is most likely a result of my culture and upbringing, again, I'm so sorry for offending you.

My ex wife aborted our first child for no other reason than she 'didn't feel ready'. I never forgave her for that and it reinforced my anti abortion stance quite rigidly.

My ex wife aborted our first child for no other reason than she 'didn't feel ready'. I never forgave her for that and it reinforced my anti abortion stance quite rigidly.
Really, what makes you so special ( and all the other people who are expressing anti abortion opinions ), that you think you should have control over decisions that are personal to them? You don't believe, like ( pick a word ) abortion, great, don't have one.
Nancy

Really, what makes you so special ( and all the other people who are expressing anti abortion opinions ), that you think you should have control over decisions that are personal to them? You don't believe, like ( pick a word ) abortion, great, don't have one.
Nancy
How about you ask the baby about this personal matter? What makes you think that any person has any right over another person's life? I am not against woman, I support the unborn baby's rights.

Nancy
That's a bit below the belt Nancy.
Even fathers have rights and opinions you know, even if they come below the rights of the unborn baby.
Did you ever abort a child because 'you weren't ready'?

Even fathers have rights and opinions you know, even if they come below the rights of the unborn baby.

No, they don't. They are just a source of income. Legally speaking, their opinions do not matter at all in terms of life or death of the unborn child. If the mother chooses for the child to die, the father has no say. But if the mother decides for the child to live, then the father has to pay, no questions asked. There is no "I am not ready" for him.
And before people start putting the pitchforks out, what I wrote is a matter of fact. If you think that is the way it should be, that is fine. Your are entitled to your opinion, but at least have the decency to admit that this is how things are.

Back