Internet Dead Slow? Fibertel

nicoenarg

Registered
Anyone else got problems with their internet today? Mine feels worse than dial up.

Nope.
Unplug power of the modem, wait, plug in again,
Do the same with router if applicable.
Run ccleaner if it's a PC, delete all temp files. Reboot

Recycle all connecting parts see if it improves.

i have no internet service at all (fibertel). i am on my neighbor's network right now (arnet). but i have had problems with fibertel for weeks. today is the worst day (and yesterday)

Alright, Iznogud's suggestion seems to have worked. I did disconnect everything before and then reconnect, but it didn't work. Just had to do it for longer I guess. My upload speed was dead and so no request could be sent for any website to give back what I wanted.

I think its fixed now. If not then I'll try throwing the router across the room and see if that works!

Nico, you on a Mac or PC? If you use a PC try dl free ccleaner (crap cleaner).
It won't fix connection issues but clearing a lot of crap from the temp files usually forces the browsers to download complete contents instead of getting stuck with non-matching pieces between current web contents and local temp folders,

Nico, you on a Mac or PC? If you use a PC try dl free ccleaner (crap cleaner).
It won't fix connection issues but clearing a lot of crap from the temp files usually forces the browsers to download complete contents instead of getting stuck with non-matching pieces between current web contents and local temp folders,

I'm on both (and an iPhone). The router had frozen up for some reason. Its the old Linksys router that's a piece of crap. If there's a surge for some reason, it drops the connection most of the times since it can't handle it, however if it doesn't drop the connection then it freezes up on one or both directions.

I'll get the crap cleaner (;)) for the PC anyway, but I don't think that was the problem.

No it is not, but it will help if you last downloaded corrupted stuff before the connection went TU.
PC caches dl files from websites and then try to match them to the current web contents next time you visit, hopefully reducing the next dl to less files. Sometimes an unresolved mismatch can freeze the whole deal.

Are you running the latest firmware for the Lynksys?

Anyone else got problems with their internet today? Mine feels worse than dial up.

You is not going to yawn for watching video on youtube. You could call the Clarin Group and will tell you that the service is running in optimal condition.
They never lie so the service is not saturated
Do not spit into the sky!

No it is not, but it will help if you last downloaded corrupted stuff before the connection went TU.
PC caches dl files from websites and then try to match them to the current web contents next time you visit, hopefully reducing the next dl to less files. Sometimes an unresolved mismatch can freeze the whole deal.

Are you running the latest firmware for the Lynksys?

I'm not sure at all. How do I check that?

You is not going to yawn for watching video on youtube. You could call the Clarin Group and will tell you that the service is running in optimal condition.
They never lie so the service is not saturated
Do not spit into the sky!

I is not going to watch a da video on a da youtube? WHAT?!

Do you read the rest of the stuff before you comment or your hands just take over?

Also, I didn't know Clarin owned Linksys!

Back