Internet Dead Slow? Fibertel

No my friend fibertel is owned by Clarin

Exactly MY FRIEND, read the rest of the posts before you start going down on Cristina. The problem is my router not the internet connection, but you wouldn't know how to tell the difference between the two, would you!

No it is not, but it will help if you last downloaded corrupted stuff before the connection went TU.
PC caches dl files from websites and then try to match them to the current web contents next time you visit, hopefully reducing the next dl to less files. Sometimes an unresolved mismatch can freeze the whole deal.

Are you running the latest firmware for the Lynksys?

Just checked, and no I'm not. I am going to upgrade it now. Thanks for the tip.

My job previous to that was in Clarin telecominicaciones ..
Look for tv channels between 1 and 7 if they have interference.
your modem is out of range for your node failure.
If you tell me where you live I tell you what your node.

My job previous to that was in Clarin telecominicaciones ..
Look for tv channels between 1 and 7 if they have interference.
your modem is out of range for your node failure.
If you tell me where you live I tell you what your node.

Thanks for trying to help but it is fixed now. Iznogud's post (the second one in this thread) helped. There was no problem with CableVision nor with Fibertel, I thought there could be because I unplugged the router and the modem before but didn't do it for long enough and it didn't work. However, I did it the second time around and that fixed it.

The man has a hard on for Clarin group. Read other posts and will see it's a recurring subject of his.

Just as a quick reminder for everyone...maybe it's best to always travel with your own router. I do. I put on my own network name & security passwords etc & I always have it ready on the side. You don't want to be caught out especially if your a trader or someone who's life can depend on a good connection. Nico, just a note of caution, those older Linksys also get 'fat' capacitor problems, after the firmware upgrade, it may keep working or it may become unstable again, be ready. You can always pop down to Galeria Jardin & spend aound AR$300 on a new TPG or linksys router as a spare.

I always put DDWRT on any router I deal with. It's openware and tends to solve most problems with routers, including overheating and over-exceeding connections.

Back