Internet Problems

arlean

Registered
Is anyone here having Internet problems? I have been having to reset my modem (turn it off and on) for days. Computer says the modem is working. I have Arnet. First time in 3 years to have a problem.

Since we arrived two weeks ago, we have internet outages daily for 45 minutes to 2 hours. The longest was last Friday when it was all day until 10PM. Very frustrating, and I don't know if there's anything we can do about it.

I just posted about this problem in another thread. We have two separate fibertel connections and since beginning of January we've been having major problems with both of them cutting out at the same time (so its not a modem issue). Sometimes we have no internet for hours, othertimes its a case of having to turn the modem on and off again. We've had three tecnicos come over, all of which have diagnosed different issues with the Fibertel end (our set up and modems are fine)...nothing has been done about any of it. Our modem logs show quite clearly that there is a problem with Fibertel's area node.
I heard that quite a few people are having similar issues (with various providers) and that it may be due to the powercuts effecting some kind of node battery (I'm not very technical, I'm afraid).

I've been having intermittent problems, mostly with sites outside the country not responding. Specifically often getting an "empty response" error when connecting to youtube. I have Speedy DSL, and the problem has been going on some months now.

Thanks a lot, y'all, that really helps. I won't call the technician then. I wondered because my computer says the modem is working. I checked because I thought of running out and getting a modem. I'll just keep doing the best I can and hope it doesn't last much longer. I sure appreciate you all. This is REALY helpful.

We have Arnet which has been acting up the last couple of months. My husband reports that it is still being temperamental. We would switch to Fibertel, but it's not available in our area.

There sure is a lot going on to interfere with business. The inability to import and export, the inability to get necessities into the country, and now Internet. Some of us really need Internet. Well, just observing . . . and thinking. My lawyer told me about 3 weeks ago he was having problems and not getting emails, but I was out of the country briefly and didn't realize until now how serious it is. People told me when I first came that people who really need Internet subscribe to both services because one or the other will go down but the other will still be up. But all this time it's been just fine. I guess there's nothing we can do but wait.

I understand when storms have been present the net would not function but since i have been staying here with a friend since late January our internet has functioned just fine. Perhaps a bit slow at times but operating without problems. Perhaps it is where we live which might make a difference.

A little pointer for internet speed.. I was using googles DNS for my adaptors and routers it seemed to be the fastest for me.

http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/mobilecomputingbasics/a/Double-Your-Internet-Speed-With-One-Simple-Settings-Change.htm

Oh and dealing with the outages I used to pay for 3 internet services.. Arnot, Gigared and I had a Claro USB to. When living in the up and coming Venzueala if you need to be connected for business purposes best to have atleast 2 back ups.

Back