Iphone 5 To Be Announced Sept 12!

gBDpn.jpg

:D

Nice one Scott, glad to see I'm not the only person here who favours anything else over Apple.

LostinBA said:
Maybe this thread should be titled "Reasons to be Happy!"

Well, it likely won't be available in Argentina at less than 2x the price in other countries...

scottlyon said:
Nice one Scott, glad to see I'm not the only person here who favours anything else over Apple.

i wouldn't say i favour anything over apple, i just have yet to find a product of theirs i really want.

It was when my friend was here and i had an mp3 of a mates band i wanted to put on his iphone, there was no easy way to do it, yet my other friend just loaded up google play on his android and downloaded an ftp server app. 2 seconds later it was done! That was when i decided i didn't want an iphone :D

There's plenty more 'dodgy' practises going on within Cupertino which will come out in the wash however my dislike of them stems from way-back when they released their computers with a one-button mouse and insisted that it was for 'creative types'.

That and them suing everyone they can whilst retaining ridiculous amounts of data on their customers makes me very uneasy with them.

To be fair to them though, their hardware is among the best available on the market. Just need to strip it of spyware and install Android and you've got yourself a nice Samsung product.

scottlyon said:

Same here! :) I'm an IT professional and I've managed to avoid all Apple hardware. Unfortunately, I'm ashamed to admit that I did break down and opened an iTunes account in order to get all the movies and TV shows from the US.

I used to buy all my movies and TV shows using Amazon Prime, but they do an IP check to make sure you're in the US when downloading. I used an IP masking service to log in from Argentina and do my downloads. Unfortunately, that meant that my 10MB connection dropped to about 250K when downloading thru the IP masking service.

iTunes doesn't care where you download from. As long as you opened the account in the US you get to download the contents from the US store even if your IP is outside the US. Hopefully Amazon changes it's policy and then I'll be able to drop iTunes and be truly Apple-free!

I used to be in the anti apple camp. Then I was in the reluctant apple camp where I complained about the sandboxing and the lack of features and the lack of a second mouse button and the inversion of the scroll feature etc etc. Now I'm finally drinking the kool aid and let me tell you, it's wonderful. Apple makes some of the best hardware which is perfectly integrated with their software to make the entire UE just easy. I've had my new Macbook air for a year now, and I'm still in love. This computer kicks serious butt.

Back