Iphone 5 To Be Announced Sept 12!

uhhhmm....I`m a It professional and used Apple products since the Perfoma 5200 (early 90s). Sadly, due to all the "Exciting new iphone" features I dropped out and switched to Windows / Linux this year. The Hardware is definitly not top notch. It is not even able to handle decent 3D modelling Software. Look at the new OS features! Versions which automatically and destructively safes Data of all open Files? Impossilbe to integrate in a professional environments. Beyond that, more concerning the iPhone: App store and censorship are things I do not like. Nobody should be able to controll the information I want to digest. IPad: No Flash Video? Seriously?

It looks to me like Apple forgot professional users in Favor of iPhone Kids who are two weeks amazed of being able to watch themselfes walk as green dots on Google Maps.

End of the story: I vote for Blackberry and Samsung

Thereandbackagain said:
It looks to me like Apple forgot professional users in Favor of iPhone Kids who are two weeks amazed of being able to watch themselfes walk as green dots on Google Maps.

Yes, they did. Well, maybe not 'forgot' as much as made a conscious decision not to focus on them. They recognize that people with true 'IT professional' requirements are a small group, and Apple's time and resources are not well-spent catering to their needs.

To take an example, Apple has just two products in notebooks: the Air for ultra-portable and Pro for more power. It's this simplicity and focus which allows them to be great.

As the world's most valuable technology company, I'd say they're doing a good job appealing to a wide range of customers with a simple product offering that leaves some with specific requirements wanting more.

anjuna11 said:
Yes, they did. Well, maybe not 'forgot' as much as made a conscious decision not to focus on them. They recognize that people with true 'IT professional' requirements are a small group, and Apple's time and resources are not well-spent catering to their needs.

To take an example, Apple has just two products in notebooks: the Air for ultra-portable and Pro for more power. It's this simplicity and focus which allows them to be great.

As the world's most valuable technology company, I'd say they're doing a good job appealing to a wide range of customers with a simple product offering that leaves some with specific requirements wanting more.

Yes, speaking of a Profit making company you are surely right. However, not every value can be measured by Profit. They got big because long term users stood by them. They made promises which they broke later on in favour of Profit. That is not a good job. They abuse People who work e.g. at Foxconn and employ Companies who drive their employees into suicidal states (some of them commited suicide) in order to make a even bigger profit. Yes. They do a good job. They make lots of money. Congratulations.

Thereandbackagain said:
Yes, speaking of a Profit making company you are surely right. However, not every value can be measured by Profit. They got big because long term users stood by them. They made promises which they broke later on in favour of Profit. That is not a good job. They abuse People who work e.g. at Foxconn and employ Companies who drive their employees into suicidal states (some of them commited suicide) in order to make a even bigger profit. Yes. They do a good job. They make lots of money. Congratulations.

You left out 'improve the lives of their customers'. Assuming a healthy competitive landscape (I would argue this is the case for phones, computers and tablets) the profit is a measure of the value they are delivering to customers.

Re: worker abuses, they are of course indefensible. Really highlights the need for government oversight and regulation to tame the profit-seeking motivations of companies which, on the whole, deliver great benefits to society.

It's a shame that China's government is not up to standard in this regard. Hopefully the rate of improvement will be swift.

Re: broken promises, not sure what you are referring to there.

I don't get the whole fan boy thing for huge multinational companies. Apple created what was effectively a religion over their products and its kind of scary...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20064577-71.html

I also say this when i have a dell desktop and laptop but thats only because their warranty is transferable and i can phone them up and get some lacky to come repair my stuff if it breaks. (i've worked in IT support in the past and fiddling about trying to fix stuff is not something i wish to do in my spare time anymore!)

I've yet to find another company that has as nice warranties as dell! I'm no fan boy of dell though as my phone is a cheapo ZTE android and i'd quite happily change companies if they had a better warranty option in Argentina.

I wonder how big Apple would be if their prices weren't ridiculous compared to the hardware they are selling... how much of their income comes from itunes and the like?

Although the others are catching up fast....

Microsoft with nokia and quite a few other companies are coming soon with their Windows 8 phones. The new iphone better be good or apple might start to lose ground.

I know my friend who had the iphone dumped it for an android when his contract ran out. In normal countries when peoples contracts run out they usually get an upgrade so things can change quite rapidly in the mobile world!

With 60% of their profits relying on iphones they need this to be a success.

Besides all the Pro and contras of apple in general, I definitely vote for iPhone, for these reasons :

iMessage (3g)
viber (3g)
FaceTime (with wifi)
Skype (with 3g)
whatsapp (3G) (i know, blackberry also has that, but it doesn't work well, half of the time it says the message is read when it isn't)

I am in constant communication with my friends and family abroad that have iPhone.
and I am estranging from those that haven't!

so if you live abroad : get an iPhone.

(this will only get better with the ios6, where you can FaceTime with 3G as well)

katti said:
(this will only get better with the ios6, where you can FaceTime with 3G as well)

You can do it now if you jailbreak your phone.

katti said:
Besides all the Pro and contras of apple in general, I definitely vote for iPhone, for these reasons :

iMessage (3g)
viber (3g)
FaceTime (with wifi)
Skype (with 3g)
whatsapp (3G) (i know, blackberry also has that, but it doesn't work well, half of the time it says the message is read when it isn't)

apart from iMessage (which can be replaced with email anyway...) all these are available on android and others....

scotttswan said:
apart from iMessage (which can be replaced with email anyway...) all these are available on android and others....

I dont agree with that :

a text message is not quite the same as an email.
viber doesn't work on other phones (and the calls are for 100% free and it works 100% in Capital (if 3G works, that is))
whatsapp doesn't work well on the blackberry
FaceTime is not quite the same as Skype as you don't have to be online to be called. It doesn't take any battery.

Anyway, my husband (who has always been an apple-HATER) has now changed his BB for an iPhone because of these reasons. (actually he was jealous on how I communicated with our son who moved back to Europe 8 months ago, when he only had email (which, accept it or not, the -20 never use): he had no communication, I had)

Back