iPhone or Itouch?

If you decide upon an IPod touch, my suggestion is that you buy one here in Bs As. I have an iPod Touch 8 GB for sale – cheaper than in any shop.

It’s brand spanking new, never opened, never been touched – an untouched IPod touch (with all the various accessories, in it’s plastic case).

(I won it in a Lonely Planet writing competition – it’s in perfect condition).

A photo of the iPod model can be found here:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/competitions/review/#TB_inline?height=450&width=600&

I’m open to offers.

Richard
[email protected]

If you decide upon an IPod touch, my suggestion is that you buy one here in Bs As. I have an iPod Touch 8 GB for sale – cheaper than in any shop.

It’s brand spanking new, never opened, never been touched – an untouched IPod touch (with all the various accessories, in it’s plastic case).

(I won it in a Lonely Planet writing competition – it’s in perfect condition).

A photo of the iPod model can be found here:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/competitions/review/#TB_inline?height=450&width=600&

I’m open to offers.

Richard

I have an iphone that works perfectly here. It is true that you must be carefull when using it in the streets, but then in Belgium a 16 year old boy was killed for his ipod.

I just arrived in BA and got my Jailbroken/Unlocked Iphone 3g working with a Claro Prepaid Card. The card itself was AR$10 and I purchased AR$40 worth of credit but have yet to make a phone call or SMS so I don't know how long it will last me. Also, I don't know how to check the balance remaining? Anyone know how??

But most importantly, I can't get the 3g or Edge network to work. I can only access the internet through WiFi and definitely have no access to location services.

Anyone know anything about this?? Perhaps I'll try another carrier when my credito runs on out this one.

daniel25 said:
But most importantly, I can't get the 3g or Edge network to work. I can only access the internet through WiFi and definitely have no access to location services.

Anyone know anything about this?? Perhaps I'll try another carrier when my credito runs on out this one.
I'm almost positive that you have to have a phone plan to get these things to work. Pay as you go gets you calls & texts and that's it.

I don't work for a phone company, but I'm pretty sure that that's the case.

Yep, no data with the pre-pago plans. Although for some strange reason, Movistar was giving me data when I was in Cordoba which was weird. It has never worked in BA, but luckily there is a lot of free wifi.

I have a post paid with Mobistar. It works perfectly from day 1. I pay 120 pesos per month for data traffic and free calls (and I call a lot :D ). Up to now I never had to pay any extras. I am told that as soon as I leave Capital I get charged extra, so then I turn off the "push" when I go. I can not call internationally but I don't mind as that would rocket my bill into the skies...
The good thing about an iphone is that is automatically choses WIFI when it is available.
120 per month pesos might seem a lot but in Belgium I paid 50€ per month ( :eek:) and in this were no calls included... So i am happy.

BTW I have no idea what you need to have to get a post paid SIM (DNI, QUIT,CUIL,CDI???).

Mine is on the name of argentine friend, on my adress... This guy has 7 cell phone numbers :eek:

And if you don't pay it's simple : they just cut off your phone...they will not sue your friend!

Katti- It sounds like your phone is actually on a plan.

I want to do this. Unlimited calls would have helped me with my last relationship. - She hated texts from guys she was dating... :-(

Pero bueno. Unlimited domestic calls, texts, & emails for AR$120, could definitely be worth it.

gracias

de nada :D Napoleon
Just wondering, I have been going "out" (=walking on the streets during daytime) a lot with Argentine women lately, and they all have one ear on of their phone in their ear, when someone calls, they take the phone out of their bag, accept the call, put it back, put the 2nd ear in and talk.
That would be a good thing for the (so much wanted) iphone, but the white 'ears' are so recognisable. Do other brands work on the iphone?

Back