iPhone or Itouch?

daniel25 said:
I just arrived in BA and got my Jailbroken/Unlocked Iphone 3g working with a Claro Prepaid Card. The card itself was AR$10 and I purchased AR$40 worth of credit but have yet to make a phone call or SMS so I don't know how long it will last me. Also, I don't know how to check the balance remaining? Anyone know how??

But most importantly, I can't get the 3g or Edge network to work. I can only access the internet through WiFi and definitely have no access to location services.

Anyone know anything about this?? Perhaps I'll try another carrier when my credito runs on out this one.

On claro you call *555 and then a nice robitic lady will tell you how much you got left. Needless to say that you have to understand spanish

JPD said:
Needless to say that you have to understand spanish

wasn't there some guy on this forum (some time ago) who offered to do this kind of calls (against payment)??? :D This really might be useful...

daniel25 said:
I just arrived in BA and got my Jailbroken/Unlocked Iphone 3g working with a Claro Prepaid Card. The card itself was AR$10 and I purchased AR$40 worth of credit but have yet to make a phone call or SMS so I don't know how long it will last me. Also, I don't know how to check the balance remaining? Anyone know how??

But most importantly, I can't get the 3g or Edge network to work. I can only access the internet through WiFi and definitely have no access to location services.

Anyone know anything about this?? Perhaps I'll try another carrier when my credito runs on out this one.

We have a jailbroken iPhone w/ Claro with data. To get 3G, you need to get a contract plan and get their pricey data plan. I don't recomend this unless it is truly essential for you to get 3G, and the other features (location services, visual voice mail, etc.)

katti said:
BTW I have no idea what you need to have to get a post paid SIM (DNI, QUIT,CUIL,CDI???).

As with many things here, you have to have a DNI. I don't even think (but I could be wrong) that you can do it with just a residency.

I have a friend who was lucky enough to get a plan something like 4 years ago, but the phone companies changed policies and now require a DNI. He was "grandfathered" in, so he still has his plan (although he recently got his DNI anyway).

It's like a lot of things here - there is actually no law that requires a DNI, but bank accounts, phone accounts, and many utilities require DNI to get hooked up.

Back