Iphone Through Ezeiza Customs?

The first few times I entered Argentina I put in the phone on the declaration form, but I never received any kind of receipt. Do you actually need to ask for it? Every time I entered, they just take the form without even looking at it and its done, so I just skipped filing any electronics on it (never had any problems when going out as well).

Surely the trick is always to make it seem that the iPhone or whatever is being used as your own personal device?
Make it look used, take it out of the box.
From what most people say, if you're NON Argentine, there isn't hassle, at least in my experience.

My Argentine wife just took her iPhone into and out of Ezeiza without their even asking.

I go in and out of the country with my iPhone. They've never questioned me, but just in case, I always declare it before leaving Ezeiza. Better safe than sorry.

Sorry, I'm sure you have mentioned previously but i cannot remember. What model is it and what's your asking price? You can PM me or take the opportunity to get the details out there again by replying here.

Currently surviing with a blackberry but it is driving me nuts.

It's a Black 16 GB iPhone 5 factory unlocked from Apple, extra long warranty (bought the Apple Care Protection Plan), condition 10/10, from June 2013, case, head phones, charger/cable included. Inboxed you.

It's a Black 16 GB iPhone 5 factory unlocked from Apple, extra long warranty (bought the Apple Care Protection Plan), condition 10/10, from June 2013, case, head phones, charger/cable included. Inboxed you.

Didn't reach me, I reckon you'll be getting a knock from AFIP/Aduana and whoever else later on as they must have intercepted the message!

The first few times I entered Argentina I put in the phone on the declaration form, but I never received any kind of receipt. Do you actually need to ask for it? Every time I entered, they just take the form without even looking at it and its done, so I just skipped filing any electronics on it (never had any problems when going out as well).

Over half the time I come through customs they don't even take the form. Many tourists that I've given tours to (1) Ask why they wanted to know about what cell phone they had and (2) Mention that no one asked for their form at customs.

In case you had any questions about whether or not Aduana was a total joke, see photo on the previous page.

Over half the time I come through customs they don't even take the form. Many tourists that I've given tours to (1) Ask why they wanted to know about what cell phone they had and (2) Mention that no one asked for their form at customs.

In case you had any questions about whether or not Aduana was a total joke, see photo on the previous page.

As I wrote in another thread, I was almost last through immigration of my flight, therefore last in the line at customs, until another mob came storming up. My poor customs guy never even looked at me or my bags, just mumbled something I didn't catch. When asked to repeat it, he pointed at the door and barked at me, "Exit! Salida!". With the unspoken ellipsis of "Get out of here, you noodle-brained damn tourist! I just processed 4000 of you witless morons, I'm half an hour late for my break, and I'm dying for a cigarette, now just GO!"

I honestly felt sorry for him.

I was just thinking that when you go through customs at the airport they make you put all your luggage, bags and coats though the x-ray machine but they do not require you to empty your pockets. So just keep your phone in your pocket and you will be fine.

I was just thinking that when you go through customs at the airport they make you put all your luggage, bags and coats though the x-ray machine but they do not require you to empty your pockets. So just keep your phone in your pocket and you will be fine.

Ah yes of course, if I ever want to travel with a gun i`ll remember that one. ;)
Oh hang on its the 1st of April. :mad:

Back