Is $2 Million Usd Enough To Retire With In Argentina?

Interesting how people think 2M is allot of money, it’s not these days. The real question is what sort of lifestyle do you want to live? In Argentina you can live on 2K a month and you can live on 20K or even more. Since the OP mentioned savings I will suppose the money was acquired by living in a frugal manner and saving. Which if I am right or wrong is a notable accomplishment good work!

I would recommend opening a dialog with Steve in PM and not looking at BA Centro or close to that per say as a retirement location but something a bit more rural. Perhaps I will get flack to this, but here goes.

Argentinians outside of BA in the provinces are great people in general and you will be able to fold into the community faster. Believe me if you are new alone and don’t speak Spanish well that will be a big benefit. In a good rural community you will not find a shortage of great Argentinian people willing to assist you. In fact they will go out of their way for you in many cases. I have found Argentinians in the Provinces to be great people. Not all but definitely the vast majority

You might want to look at Cordoba or Mendoza both are just amazing locations with most the amenities one would look for in modern life or even something more rural or even further South.

Hi - whilst I recognize the friendliness of people in the provinces I would definitely prefer to live in the city

Your are correct that 2 million is not the same amount as it was in years gone by and one needs to be careful these days especially with longer potential life spans and increasing medical costs

I think it's pretty difficult to get a net 5 % return these days with stocks probably overvalued

That said I think I can have a very good standard of living in BA much cheaper than USA - my main luxury would most likely be a yearly trip to Europe, a horse in an equestrian club, dining out at weekends and perhaps some time in Punta del este in the summer

Last but not the least..in your free time as you enjoy this life..write a best-seller book.."how to make 2 million usd and live like a king in BA" and earn additional passive income for rest of your life.

This should be yr master plan.

tweak to for your personal adjustments

Under no circumstances would I put myself in a position to pay income on global earnings in Argentina. Argentina is not worthy of those taxes as is does not provide internationally competitive infrastructure, employment laws or banking.

Full on retirement or money made in Argentina is another story. But I would be damned before I would let them rape my global income and distribute that to the poor and the corrupt politicians without giving me the tools I need to compete legitimately in international business.

Hi - whilst I recognize the friendliness of people in the provinces I would definitely prefer to live in the city

Your are correct that 2 million is not the same amount as it was in years gone by and one needs to be careful these days especially with longer potential life spans and increasing medical costs

I think it's pretty difficult to get a net 5 % return these days with stocks probably overvalued

That said I think I can have a very good standard of living in BA much cheaper than USA - my main luxury would most likely be a yearly trip to Europe, a horse in an equestrian club, dining out at weekends and perhaps some time in Punta del este in the summer

Looking at the age of the OP which I identify with and the married status. Well I am in that category we are slowing down in allot of ways. City life is great I loved it when I was younger but now for me life is just well more about quality time with my wife. LOL it take me 10 minutes to find my glasses in the morning thank God she always knows where the things I am looking for are. Another 15 years I will probibly be getting lost in BA in about 20 minutes. Yes I am exagerting a little but points to consider for me anyway.

With this type of money... can I invite you to our next pub beer chat!!! :p make that Dom Perignon!!! :D

you are the Ferrari guy, arent you?

I still remember your post...

Do really think a smart guy with 2M is going to buy a Ferrari LOL it would whipe out 25% of his wealth and not produce anything to increase his wealth.

As per my calculations, the best way to go would be to invest 2mn usd as follows :-

aa) buy a apartment in your home country or some place you like preferably out of south america and in northern hemisphere to take advantage of reversal of climate.

--cost 300K

bb) Buy a apartment in a sexy high security building in sexy barrio such as palermo chico..in bA, preferably 100 m2. - with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms ( one for you and one for yr gf/bf/visiting family). with a storage space and parking space.. cost 400K

cc) sexy car ( audi or bmw) + sexy furniture...100K

dd) Invest 1.2 million usd in solid gold, silver, stocks, fixed deposits, bonds, different currencies ( RMB + HKD apart from USD) in different countries worldwide..maybe 5-6 countries ( hong kong, singapore, swiss, australia, uruguay etc) ... 7-8 banks ( check their sheets...how much do they loan out) . some of your investments should give you eventually 5000 usd in cash a month to spend in bA..which is like 70000 pesos a month or 2500 pesos a day...sky is the limit with such spending money.

6. set up companies to run some of your accounts.. set up a cook island trust to run those companies and give the power of trust to some trusted family member but be the overall power holder.

With 5000 usd spending money

1) Invest in OSDE 550 plan...
2) Invest in a maid to come and clean/cook/stock yr fridge every 2nd day...pay her taxes...so that everyone hapy
3) set up a monoburito account with afip..and give a high category tax. feel free to disclose which account you want to.
4) get a good wing man to hit the night BA spots and meet people// or if you are a family man...get yr kids to the best school etc

===

Last but not the least..in your free time as you enjoy this life..write a best-seller book.."how to make 2 million usd and live like a king in BA" and earn additional passive income for rest of your life.

As per my calculations, the best way to go would be to invest 2mn usd as follows :-

aa) buy a apartment in your home country or some place you like preferably out of south america and in northern hemisphere to take advantage of reversal of climate.

--cost 300K

bb) Buy a apartment in a sexy high security building in sexy barrio such as palermo chico..in bA, preferably 100 m2. - with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms ( one for you and one for yr gf/bf/visiting family). with a storage space and parking space.. cost 400K

cc) sexy car ( audi or bmw) + sexy furniture...100K

dd) Invest 1.2 million usd in solid gold, silver, stocks, fixed deposits, bonds, different currencies ( RMB + HKD apart from USD) in different countries worldwide..maybe 5-6 countries ( hong kong, singapore, swiss, australia, uruguay etc) ... 7-8 banks ( check their sheets...how much do they loan out) . some of your investments should give you eventually 5000 usd in cash a month to spend in bA..which is like 70000 pesos a month or 2500 pesos a day...sky is the limit with such spending money.

6. set up companies to run some of your accounts.. set up a cook island trust to run those companies and give the power of trust to some trusted family member but be the overall power holder.

With 5000 usd spending money

1) Invest in OSDE 550 plan...
2) Invest in a maid to come and clean/cook/stock yr fridge every 2nd day...pay her taxes...so that everyone hapy
3) set up a monoburito account with afip..and give a high category tax. feel free to disclose which account you want to.
4) get a good wing man to hit the night BA spots and meet people// or if you are a family man...get yr kids to the best school etc

===

Nice plan!! I like to put 2 million $ on the table, can you please do this for me ? I would like all of above, plus investing masseuse who could provide a pleasant finish. :)

Back