Is alcohol really not sold after 10:30 tonight?

HeyBA

Registered
I've been told this. Is it accurate and enforced? Will the standard expat joints and Plaza Serrano and Puerto Madero really not be serving drinks?

I actually heard it was 8 for buying liquor at stores but up in the air about bars/restaurants.

Umm... just buy it now and be safe.

But there are a few bars open late, so no really issue.

When the "veda electoral" begins, purchase / sale of alcohol is not permitted anywhere in the República Argentina. Technically it began 48 hours prior to the opening of the polls. So as of yesterday at 8AM no alcohol could be sold, however do you think people are following this?

Well I have about 6 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of Jack Daniels one opened, several bottles of different Rums and a few sorted ods and ends such as Fernet, Gancia, Vodka, Tequila etc.. so if anyone gets into a crisis PM me :cool:.

FYI I have found that kiscos off the beaten track will typically sell you what ever when ever without queston.

tomdesigns said:
Well I have about 6 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of Jack Daniels one opened, several bottles of different Rums and a few sorted ods and ends such as Fernet, Gancia, Vodka, Tequila etc.. so if anyone gets into a crisis PM me :cool:.

And I have some of that bloody awful Dulce de Leche Liquer for the desperate also..although to be frank no expat would touch the stuff..nail varnish remover would be preferable to this sugar hit.

Davidglen77 said:
When the "veda electoral" begins, purchase / sale of alcohol is not permitted anywhere in the República Argentina. Technically it began 48 hours prior to the opening of the polls. So as of yesterday at 8AM no alcohol could be sold, however do you think people are following this?

Eh.... When there are elections in Capital Federal you can't buy alcohol in Salta? ;)

I heard restaurants and bars located inside of hotels were exempt from this... Can anybody confirm?

There is a little misunderstanding:

1.- In this case, "Veda electoral" is just 24 hours before elections, which means start tonight after 11:59PM untill Sunday 11:59 PM. Including restaurants, bars, stroes & kiosks
2.- This election is for a Mayor of Buenos Aires, so if you are in Greater Buenos Aires, you could buy whatever you want to drink, without any trouble.
3.- As a personal experience some places still sell alcohol, but that depends about how lucky you are.

Back