Is anyone else having serious trouble with Telecentro right now.

scotttswan said:
i think 99% of all argentine traffic is routed up the east coast through uruguay and brazil so at peak usage times in brazil

Do you actually see Uruguay and Brazil in the traces? For me the very first hop after Buenos Aires it is almost always Miami, sometimes Atlanta and very rarely some place in Texas.

scotttswan said:
What got me was i traced the route of the traffic from here to a server in chile and noticed the traffic went all the way to the states before coming back down the west coast. I would have thought it would make sense to connect argentina with chile, to speed up connections between the two countries and have a backup to the world if brazil ever decided to disconnect the fibers to here...

I noticed that there were alot of hops just in argentina when i traced some routes a couple of years ago. In NZ its usually 1 hop to the backbone and then straight to the USA.
Here it was 8 hops i think to the USA, with a few in arg, as it if was going from one telco backbone to another to another before finally getting out of the country.. but this may have changed.. i should do another test..

As for the chile route, i would have thought it would have been a direct link to there, if for anything else, there is a backup route to the USA say if the cable got cut in urugary..

The DNS Server for Telecentro seems to go away from time to time. I have 2 sources here for work and if i give the correct dns for the sites it immediately connects. Howver, by name half the time it fails, and thats Telecentro`s DNS

If you're on a Windows machine, here's a way to compare the speed of Telecentro's DNS server with others: http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/check-isp-dns-server-speed-compare-opendns-ip-address/2614/
If you're on a *nix box, you probably don't need me to point you to instructions ;)

I'm actually getting faster results right now using the Speedy server than I am using Google, but my machine is set to use Google as its primary DNS server because I've had intermittent problems with Speedy's.

Stephy10 said:
The same problem here, guys.
Telecentro socks

I think its worse than that. I think its Telecentro "shoes"! But you can never be too sure!! :D

Back