Is Argentina a safe country for tourists?

Didn't say a lot were from Argentina, said some were. If 2/3 of the population is Hispanic(look it up) and I assumed they were from various countries in Latin American, still a good assumption I think. Since most of the population is Hispanic its safe assume that most of the crime is also perpetrated by the Hispanic population, is it proportional to the total population, 80%, 60%, I don't know but I'm sure its over 50% which still equals most.

Since crime is related to inequality and social networks, you should look more into the American system and its particular aspects in Miami and less into the ethnic background of each individual. The same "latin" guy in Norway maybe could be working or receiving his unemployment check, and in Miami he could be stealing or something else.

no country is safe. you just have to be smart and keep your eyes open at all times
never let your guard down

simple. every country has its problems. just because its Argentina or Poland, Norway or Chile, Peru, Guyana, etc, it doesn't mean we are safe.

I mean, Norway was considered a safe country...look what happened.

All I am saying is that everyone has to be cautious.

marksoc said:
Since crime is related to inequality and social networks, you should look more into the American system and its particular aspects in Miami and less into the ethnic background of each individual. The same "latin" guy in Norway maybe could be working or receiving his unemployment check, and in Miami he could be stealing or something else.

This post makes me wonder if there is a higher percentage of latinos in Miami that are unable to find work or receiving an unemployment check than in Norway.

I really don't think crime is related to inequality OR social networks. Even when I lost everything in 1990 (long before facebook and other social networks) I did not become a criminal. I never received an unemployment check or food stamps, either.

The second suspected perpetrator in the tragic murder of the two french girls in Salta has been arrested (the suspects' names are Raúl S. and Daniel V.).

Every country in the world is dangerous.

The least dangerous country is Malta, because in Malta you are bored to death before you have a chance to become victim of a crime.

You could choose to stay in your home - but then, the majority of fatal accidents happen in people's home.

The only way to stay safe from crime is to commit suicide (not applicable in countries where suicide is a crime).

Get over it. The world just isn't as nice as it ought to be.

deeve007 said:
Stabbing: 1
Shooting: 1

Out of 204 responses, so 1%.
The rest are involving possessions, which are replaceable.

As I said, not as dangerous as some might have you believe. ;)
Robbery (the real thing, not the US expression, which includes even pocketpicking): 20 percent.

...which is nerve racking, but doesn't involve losing anything not replaceable.

Glass half full or half empty, really up to each individual how they view the world. ;)

Back