Is Argentina's Economy "unstopable" Or "growing And Growing"

Queso, for what I understood you are a developer, right? So you must be a very logical person.

The graph that you uploaded, in 2003 started in a little more than 100 and right now is a little more than 600, please tell me what does that mean?
Queso, for what I understood you are a developer, right? So you must be a very logical person.

The graph that you uploaded, in 2003 started in a little more than 100 and right now is a little more than 600, please tell me what does that mean?
It means for a true picture of the future. HOLD the chart upside down.

Yes, in fact I make my living importing, accumulating and analyzing data (well, part of my living, anyway).

But it really doesn't take much expertise (just a little thought and investigation) to see that the statement "the GDP is growing and growing" or "the GDP is unstoppable" (paraphrased because I couldn't be bothered to go back and pick up the exact wording) is flat wrong. I know you have defended Argentina many times, and I don't know what your nationality is (you may have mentioned it previously, sorry if it didn't stick in my mind), but you do seem to be stuck in the same logically-challenged condition that Matias is in. Or perhaps you do not understand the proper use of the simple past tense of the verb "to be", whatever your nationality and native language is.

As mentioned many times now (I gave up answering Matias, and now this will be the one response I give to you), yes, the economy was growing. Past tense. It is currently (as of 2013) not growing and growing, and is certainly not unstoppable.

Also as I mentioned, since the break with reality (er, sorry, the break between official and blue dollar rate), the values in Dollars that are used to calculate that curve is erroneous thanks to this government's false valuation of the peso (which has required the government to pump dollars into the economy to try to bring the relative value of the Dollar down in relation to the Peso, wasting reserves that are pretty important). In fact, the break in the last year or two between reality and Cristina-Fantasy Land values seems to have varied from 30% to 55% or so (and maybe farther - many think the real value should be more like 18-1 or more at this point in time).

Therefore, the actual reality is that the GDP didn't really make it to 600 and a little past, and in real numbers has already begun a sharp downward trend. In reality, not in Crstina-Fantasy Land.

And once again, taking Paraguay's chart, I would not have argued the phrase "growing and growing" (although who knows what Paraguay's immediate future holds), but may have said something about being "unstoppable" (even the US, whose graph actually does grow and grow, for different reasons that are also at least somewhat false, I wouldn't have said is "unstoppable", although many people seem to think so).

Feel free to think whatever you like :) If you and Matias feel that the economy is growing and growing and/or is unstoppable, in the face of plenty of evidence to the contrary, knock yourselves out.

Just try not to choke on the sand in which your head is buried ;)

Yes, in fact I make my living importing, accumulating and analyzing data (well, part of my living, anyway).

But it really doesn't take much expertise (just a little thought and investigation) to see that the statement "the GDP is growing and growing" or "the GDP is unstoppable" (paraphrased because I couldn't be bothered to go back and pick up the exact wording) is flat wrong. I know you have defended Argentina many times, and I don't know what your nationality is (you may have mentioned it previously, sorry if it didn't stick in my mind), but you do seem to be stuck in the same logically-challenged condition that Matias is in. Or perhaps you do not understand the proper use of the simple past tense of the verb "to be", whatever your nationality and native language is.

As mentioned many times now (I gave up answering Matias, and now this will be the one response I give to you), yes, the economy was growing. Past tense. It is currently (as of 2013) not growing and growing, and is certainly not unstoppable.

Also as I mentioned, since the break with reality (er, sorry, the break between official and blue dollar rate), the values in Dollars that are used to calculate that curve is erroneous thanks to this government's false valuation of the peso (which has required the government to pump dollars into the economy to try to bring the relative value of the Dollar down in relation to the Peso, wasting reserves that are pretty important). In fact, the break in the last year or two between reality and Cristina-Fantasy Land values seems to have varied from 30% to 55% or so (and maybe farther - many think the real value should be more like 18-1 or more at this point in time).

Therefore, the actual reality is that the GDP didn't really make it to 600 and a little past, and in real numbers has already begun a sharp downward trend. In reality, not in Crstina-Fantasy Land.

And once again, taking Paraguay's chart, I would not have argued the phrase "growing and growing" (although who knows what Paraguay's immediate future holds), but may have said something about being "unstoppable" (even the US, whose graph actually does grow and grow, for different reasons that are also at least somewhat false, I wouldn't have said is "unstoppable", although many people seem to think so).

Feel free to think whatever you like :) If you and Matias feel that the economy is growing and growing and/or is unstoppable, in the face of plenty of evidence to the contrary, knock yourselves out.

Just try not to choke on the sand in which your head is buried ;)
Hey Hombre, I think that Matiasba is confusing El Chino country with that of Tangolandia.
Satoko-san wrote me this message about the Argentinos a couple of years ago-
======================================================================================
Everybody here sleep siestas, all shops are closed from 13.00 to 16.00 and also on Sundays. People complain about the inflation but still, everybody lives very relaxed beautiful life, they have own houses, eat beautiful meat and wine everyday, 3 houses nap everyday. I am not sure how they survive, work very little time but still good life. Thus Argentina's economy keeps growing unstoppably for ever.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I concur wholeheartedly with Pensador's assessment of Mágico and his ilk. In fact I've taken the liberty of providing a few links to show just how messed up they are:

Interesting seeing a post like that from someone whose login is "pensador." I heart irony.

I did not say the economy was growing and growing this exact year.

I said the GDP (not the economy) has been growing and growing under the K years. Pretty much what the chart says. But I guess everybody can understand whatever they want.

I did not say the economy was growing and growing this exact year.

I say the GDP (not the economy) has been growing and growing under the K years. Pretty much what the chart says. But I guess everybody can understand whatever they want.

<analogy>

I have a small plant on my balcony, it was dirt until last the start of the year. Has grown well but still pretty dodgy looking

I have a reasonably sized bush there too, it's more or less the same size as last year. Bit bigger. Been around in it's current form for a good few years.

If I was to bet on which one would be in the best condition next year....

</analogy>

<analogy>

I have a small plant on my balcony, it was dirt until last the start of the year. Has grown well but still pretty dodgy looking

I have a reasonably sized bush there too, it's more or less the same size as last year. Bit bigger. Been around in it's current form for a good few years.

If I was to bet on which one would be in the best condition next year....

</analogy>

I was referring as the GDP under the K years, not the last two years. Look, if you read me, you know Im the first one who recognises the recession and the curren t problems (for instance, the import restrictions represented maybe 3 or 4 points of less growth. I talked and talked and talked here on that and Im the first one who says that).
But if someone says that the GDP under the Ks, as in the 12 years, has been going backwards Im the first one to say "you re wrong". BTW the recession, as I said, is not that strong, nothing compared with Menemismo/Alianza recession, some people say we can continue growing next year. Lots of people all these years were telling "the chaos will come" "the economy is weak" "we are very bad". The same people that now talk of unemployment. Time will tell (and it has been telling bad news to these people).

Back