Is BsAs over rated?

steveinbsas said:
When I was 40 I lost everything I had, including six apartments and a BMW.

It didn't have anything to do with drinking, but I quit that too for financial reasons.

I never had a real job and still don't.

Soon I will be 62 and have recovererd financially because I don't party and only drink at home.

Not quite sure what that has to do with the post.
I don't spend that much on drinking to be honest but I do like a good party on a Friday

Does anyone feel that BA got its reputation because it was cheap and was filled with gap yah students partying? Scratch below the surface and there doesn't seem to be much going on.

Having said that, there are a couple of places in Almagro I've found that seem to be pretty cool and not too much of a tourist trap.

robwerwe said:
Not quite sure what that has to do with the post.
I don't spend that much on drinking to be honest but I do like a good party on a Friday

Then stop looking for the party.

Be the party.

And just keep in mind the locals don't give a shit about you..ya f'king foreigner.

Possibly. It's usually a lot more fun when you can afford it more comfortably. Also the fact that most locals are penny pinching and staying home makes some bars (particularly on week nights) empty which adds to the lame factor.

Does anyone feel that BA got its reputation because it was cheap and was filled with gap yah students partying? Scratch below the surface and there doesn't seem to be much going on.

Having said that, there are a couple of places in Almagro I've found that seem to be pretty cool and not too much of a tourist trap.

I don't really go out in BA (did all of my partying in NYC during my college years), but one difference between the Argentine and Anglo nightlife cultures is that Argentines can go out without getting staggeringly drunk (like many-to-most Brits do.) Which might help explain how they can dance/party all night and then make it into work the next day ;)

starlucia said:
I don't really go out in BA (did all of my partying in NYC during my college years), but one difference between the Argentine and Anglo nightlife cultures is that Argentines can go out without getting staggeringly drunk (like many-to-most Brits do.) Which might help explain how they can dance/party all night and then make it into work the next day ;)

Wow! I never knew! But I was always self employed and never worired about my job...especially when my apartment was above my store.

The only reason I ever went out to drink was to get laid.

I failed many times, but I always had fun...and the bars were within walking distance of my business and home (Main Street in Park City, Utah). :p

I never really go out to get wasted but I do find it odd how some girls here don't drink at all! Who'd imagine you can have fun without alcohol! :confused:

starlucia said:

Zissou said:
Keep looking I guess... there's a little something for everyone. Inflation is nuts, imports all but halted, politics are insane, safety is iffy, and a host of other problems. But fun nights out? The one thing Buenos Aires is not lacking.

And the locals are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS (oh yeah, and they know it)

BA is the city where people party until 6am and go to the office at 9am. Im more into the rock n roll scene in BA so if you want to see hot hipsters got to Roxy or Niceto club on Fridays and Saturdays on Niceto and Humboldt or check out M.O.D club in san telmo on saturdays. For pretty and dirty punks go to Salon Puerrydon on Santa Fe. For 50's rockabilly hot peeps check out Makena. For slutty goth chicks check out Alternativa at congreso. just saying...

Back