Is it all down to lack of respect???

Guillo said:
When you hire someone you register the workers in several places. Thats enough proof of legal employment.
Not if I am your evil capitalist - I simply don't register you = no proof.

Guillo said:
And, if I have elements to show I worked for you, you are in trouble. Something like a witness is usually good enough as a proof of employment.
You are a volounteer! Prove otherwise.

John.St said:
Not if I am your evil capitalist - I simply don't register you = no proof.

You are a volounteer! Prove otherwise.

John you just don't get it.
I simply don't register you-I simply don't work. Employees have proof of the registration.

Volunteers-Illegal in companies.

Besides, this is the way it is and it's always been. You trying to say that it doesn't work doesn't change the fact that THIS IS HOW IT WORKS AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

bebero said:
Why would someone agree on paying someone something and then don't?
I am your evil capitalist employer, so I don't pay, unless I know you have material proof of employment.

bebero said:
They would have to change employees every month and who wants that and how is that good for a business?
I am your evil capitalist employer, so I squeeze all I can out of my employee, drop him and hire a new one.

bebero said:
It's not legal to be an unpaid volunteer in a company and again who wants to change employes?
Rubbish! You know as well as I do, that many perform voluntary work. Don't argue false to "win" a debate.

bebero said:
Who said there's no proof? Every employee is registered in AFIP and un-registered when they stop working.
I am your evil capitalist employer, so I don't register you. You have no proof of employment.

I simply don't register you-I simply don't work. Employees have proof of the registration. They don't start to work until they are not registered with the copy.

Volunteers ARE illegal in companies. The fact that people are willing to work for free and companies willing to have them is a different issue. But you can't claim to the law that your employee was not being paid because it is not legal.

I can't believe your arguing about the actual way that things work. You can like it or not but you can't say that is not like that because YES IT IS and that's how everyone lives and works.

John.St said:
I am your evil capitalist employer, so I don't pay, unless I know you have material proof of employment.

I am your evil capitalist employer, so I squeeze all I can out of my employee, drop him and hire a new one.

Rubbish! You know as well as I do, that many perform volountary work. Don't argue false to "win" a debate.

I am your evil capitalist employer, so I don't register you. You have no proof of employment.
John, it really doesn't matter how you think it should work. We are telling it to you how it really is.
Just showing up with a witness when I enter your office might be enough as a proof of employment. And you have to register 'en blanco' employees even before they start to work.
Contracts are just not needed or used for full time employees down here.

Guillo said:
No wonder you ended up with a lawsuit from a worker if you think you don't need to follow the local laws.
If you think this kind of argumentation increases your credibility, you are wrong.

bebero said:
I simply don't register you-I simply don't work. Employees have proof of the registration. They don't start to work until they are not registered with the copy.

Volunteers ARE illegal in companies. The fact that people are willing to work for free and companies willing to have them is a different issue. But you can't claim to the law that your employee was not being paid because it is not legal.

I can't believe your arguing about the actual way that things work. You can like it or not but you can't say that is not like that because YES IT IS and that's how everyone lives and works.
Guillo said:
John, it really doesn't matter how you think it should work. We are telling it to you how it really is.
Just showing up with a witness when I enter your office might be enough as a proof of employment. And you have to register 'en blanco' employees even before they start to work.
Contracts are just not needed or used for full time employees down here.

You seem to be in disagreement with several others:

citygirl said:
I don't even know that the above means with regards to employees don't have contracts but if they have contracts they're not employees

citygirl said:
However an employment agreement is what we're talking about here. And yes, direct employees sign this. For instance, my employees in Argentina sign a legal offer letter which outlines title, start date, salary, benefits, etc. Included in this is the clause which states that the letter functions as a sole and complete agreement between employee and employer. That is what I'm referring to.

theargie said:
In Argentina, employees DO HAVE CONTRACTS, at any decent company you are about to join, they make you sign a contract that stipulates your salary, a description of your duties, you also sign something preventing future conflicts of interest, etc etc etc...
Are you sure you know what an employment contract is?

John.St said:
If you think this kind of argumentation increases your credibility, you are wrong.

I don't need to increase my credibility. The facts are on my side.
I'm referring people complaining about employees starting a lawsuit against them as if it was a character flaw on the whole country, and then showing without any doubt a total disconnect with local law and customs.

John you can say whatever you want but the fact remains that things are the way Guillo and me are saying.
Citygirl can make her employees sign contracts. They are probably laughing behind her back because they are worth nothing. They're just a piece of paper with no legal value whatsoever. Take a look at employment laws.

John.St said:
You seem to be in disagreement with several others:
Are you sure you know what an employment contract is?
I do. The fact that "theArgie" signed a contract doesn't mean that the rest of the country did. Most likely, if that contract he signed got as far as a lawsuit, it would have been totally dismissed as it if didn't exist. The things he lists as included there are mostly covered by other registrations. Employment here is not just a relationship between employer and employee, there are several public institutions included in the act of hiring someone (AFIP, Anses, probably an union and others).

Back