Is It Just Me? Voluntary Deportation

I am sorry to hear your story, and thank you for sharing it.

It sounds to me like you need a new start, not in Argentina. I hope you can get yourself back to the USA or Europe and then start to build something up with the benefits that you get from being a citizen of those countries and by using your experience and qualifications. Look after yourself.

I'm also very sorry to hear your story.
Have you no family to turn to? Brothers, sisters?
At times like this, family is sometimes all you have.

I know it is of no use to you now, to but anyone thinking of working abroad, be it Spain Africa Argentina you name it, I give only one peice of advice; "always keep enough money for your airfare home" and "never ever, burn your bridges"

Gringoboy said:
I'm also very sorry to hear your story.
Have you no family to turn to? Brothers, sisters?
At times like this, family is sometimes all you have.

Family, or credit cards.

The most reallistic option you have is to sue the person who hired you and refused to pay you. The procedure is for free and as far as to hire a person without legal residency is illegal and he or she migh be fined in 95.000 pesos plus double compensation plus what they have to pay for an standar labor case, I suggest you sue them and you accept a deal at Seclo (it is an negociation institut that belong to the state and it s previous to a trial).
Any further info PM me.
Regards

So let;s get this straight: You are an impoverished citizen of the US and some unnamed European country who came here for a bf, no longer likes Porteños, finds BA annoying and wants to go back to the US. Leaving the bf behind, right? BF won't help you buy the ticket and your family will not help. I guess this is an embassy matter. You can't stay in BA forever.

I insist the Embassy should give you the possibility of a flight to go back home and your commitment to return the money as soon as possible.
I don´t think this is impossible
Sorry to hear your situation but iam sure you will be able to go back home Iam a local and every time I broke up with a boyfriend I never could keep the same friends now Iam married that happened long ago but things seems not to have changed so easily, Bs As is a big city and not only a foreigner can be lonely believe that many local feel the same, it all depends on you there must be still some good people that would like to meet you while your situation comes to a good end! Reina

Well, I assume you have a destination in mind (ie a place to stay when you arrive at your destination - be it staying with friends or family or having your own place). Where are you heading?

Do you not have access to a credit card? Or some type of savings that you can tap into - equity, etc? Or friends or family who might help you get to your destination?

I don't think embassies will arrange deportation (voluntary) just because you are not happy here.

citygirl said:
I don't think embassies will arrange deportation (voluntary) just because you are not happy here.

Depending on the circumstances, the U.S. Embassy does provide loans to distressed U.S. citizens, assuming their destination is the U.S. They're called "repatriation loans," and American Citizens Services (ACS) lends ~$500,000 in said loans per year.

Back