Is it "normal" for landlords to have tenants pay city and province property taxes?

I have a question on ABL.

The ABl has 2 parts. Tasa ABL and Impuesto Immobiliario.

Tenants who pay ABL, do they actually pay the whole or do they just pay the TASABL part?

After paying whole ABL ( tasa ABL + Impuest Ammobiliario) for many years ( as a long term tenant having 2 year lease), I realized that I am paying both parts. People who have been tenants or landlords, can they tell me how they settle it? Don;t want to annoy the landlord unnecessarily. But dont want to pay something unnecessarily.

Thanks.

I looked up the argentina codigo civil y comercial, chapter IV dealing with landlord and tenents....article 1209 stated that expenses that "encumbered" the property were the landlord's responsibility...dont know if property tax is an encumberence...also, we are leaving this property when the current contract is up, and the landlord wants us to pay 110,000 pesos for painting inside and out the house. according to article 1210, we are not responsible for normal wear and tear due to several years of living here....correct?
He is nuts.

I have a question on ABL.
The ABl has 2 parts. Tasa ABL and Impuesto Immobiliario.
Tenants who pay ABL, do they actually pay the whole or do they just pay the TASABL part?
After paying whole ABL ( tasa ABL + Impuest Ammobiliario) for many years ( as a long term tenant having 2 year lease), I realized that I am paying both parts. People who have been tenants or landlords, can they tell me how they settle it? Don;t want to annoy the landlord unnecessarily. But dont want to pay something unnecessarily.
Thanks.
According to the Nuevo Codigo Civil y Comercial in effect since 2016:
7 July 2016
The 10 key points to know before signing a rental agreement

8. Who should pay the ABL?
In the city of Buenos Aires, that bill has two parts: the Lighting, Sweeping and Cleaning which is the responsibility of the tenant, and the real estate tax, which must be paid by the owner, according to article 1,209 of the Civil Code. The rental of a single home is exempt from the VAT tax, therefore, they cannot include that tax.

in buenos aires they want you to pay for the oxygen you breed!! so, yes in long term unfurnished apartments it's normal to pay abl (city tax). in other provinces that would be extrange. in la plata you would pay rent and utilities (expensas too), the rest is up to the landlord.

and yes some landlords pretend to received the apartment "painted". they said that is the way you received it. of course it makes no sense to a normal person as you can't pretend to have zero expenses when you rent out a property but they just want to collect! that's porteños right there.

Last edited:
Back