Is It Possible To Find Love In Argentina?

I've been involved socially and professionally in the tango scene here for years. It is the last place in the world to look for love. Sex, yes, something extra, yes.un cafecito? Yes. Love? Don't think so. Most men and many women that go to the milongas are already in committed relationships. They might take off their rings. They may not enter or leave together. But they are together with someone. That person may or may not know their sig.other is at a milonga. They may even be there as well.sitting with the other singles..But it is all just a big, sensuous tease. If you're looking for something extra, or sex,yes you can maybe find it there. And once in a blue moon someone might meet someone. But I think you'd find better statistics using Internet dating, which personally I've never had success with either.The only love I find at the milongas is in the sad tango lyrics that they play.

I agree wholeheartedly. I love tango dance, but the milongas are seedy. And as for the "Kiss and Tell' book. It's just another self-help/finding yourself book about some middle aged unsatisfied woman who is bored with herself and must go to a second or third world country to "find herself" and become a philosopher/guru. Heck, maybe for her one night stands and "cafecitos' are equivalent to fleeting love. Whatever floats your boat.

I agree wholeheartedly. I love tango dance, but the milongas are seedy. And as for the "Kiss and Tell' book. It's just another self-help/finding yourself book about some middle aged unsatisfied woman who is bored with herself and must go to a second or third world country to "find herself" and become a philosopher/guru. Heck, maybe for her one night stands and "cafecitos' is equivalent to fleeting love. Whatever floats your boat.

I adore tango but found this book very tacky and cheap and completely souless and if anyone says otherwise I will write them off from that point on,

Marina Palmer sold the movie rights to Sandra Bullock, became a millionaire and found a husband.

Good for her. I'm still waiting to read a good book or see a good movie about tango by a foreigner. One of the worst offenders is Sally Potter's The Tango Lesson. In the meantime, stick with El Día Que Me Quieras.

Jacqueline Susann made loads of money as well, but she was still an awful writer.

For those wondering whether or not its possible to find love in Argentina, look at my profile picture :) it seems to have worked out for me...u just gotta deal with the craziness. LoL

Good for her. I'm still waiting to read a good book or see a good movie about tango by a foreigner. One of the worst offenders is Sally Potter's The Tango Lesson. In the meantime, stick with El Día Que Me Quieras.

Jacqueline Susann made loads of money as well, but she was still an awful writer.
"Awful writer" that's the kindest thing I've heard you say. Her writing really, really sucked. But she got published and then a movie. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

OMFG. I am watching The Tango Lesson right now and I have never seen such a horrible movie. Well, maybe, but this is absolutely wretched.

Back