Is my FBI background check already expired?

Thuraya

Registered
Hey all, I moved to Argentina in January 2012. I got my apostilled FBI background check sent by mail in March 2012. I haven't been back to the U.S. since I moved here.

I have seen some people post on this thread that the FBI background check expires after 3 months / 90 days. But is that still true if I haven't set foot in the U.S.? Will migraciones accept my background check?

Thanks so much for any insight.

As has been noted many times on this forum , things change rapidly in Argentina , and often it depends on the mood of the official at Migracions. The best thing is to get current (today) information from migrations. Good luck.

Understood, but since the only way to get that info is to actually trek out there in person, I was hoping someone who has done the tramite recently could help me.

I did mine recently, and was advised it is only valid 90 days. Others have said it remains valid unless you go back to the USA or your home country. Sorry I cannot say exactly which is correct.

When I was applying for a job, which was a month ago. I was told as long as I hadn´t been back then it was still valid. Hope there info can be of some help to you.

My experience was the same as above - as long as you haven't been back since you got it, it was still valid. But others have been told 90 days. As always, nothing is certain but uncertainty here.

The people in Migraciones like to make things difficult, especially for retired Americans wanting to reside in Argentina. They make up rules as they go along. Every person will tell you something different. Their job is to make the wheels turn as slowly as possible.

My birth certificate with apostille from the State of Illinois is dated August 2006, the last time I was in the USA. It was accepted as valid.

A document with apostille doesn't expire. If you haven't been in the USA since the FBI records request was authenticated with apostille, it is valid.

Thanks to all for the responses..my worries are (mostly) calmed!

Back