Is Romance dead in Buenos Aires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romance is not a monetary thing as young people never had much money ever. Its a cultural phenonomen that has changed dramatically with the rise of the me too movement ni una menos etc etc. The youth of Argentina are not forming relationships I see this clearly with my own eyes. Yes they hook up for one night stands but passion and romance seems completely absent now in Buenos Aires.

The ni una menos movement is about girls/women going missing in the provinces due to machista violence. Women found dead who have been raped. It's a big problem.

About seeing youth not forming relationships with your own eyes, how many data points are you basing this on? Actually, nevermind.

The ni una menos movement is about girls/women going missing in the provinces due to machista violence. Women found dead who have been raped. It's a big problem.

About seeing youth not forming relationships with your own eyes, how many data points are you basing this on? Actually, nevermind.

Many people here on this forum and in the modern world have noticed this huge social change. Im sure you are aware that Argentina has one of the lowest marriage rates in the world and people are not forming families. Ni una menos is honorable in the context of protecting all females from violence in relationships but as you are aware there are extremes in the feminism movement that has painted men as inheritely agressive and murderers. Now we have the manspaying movement taken hold all over the world. Do you not think this is too extreme? Im all for equal rights but with mutual respect

Romance is not a monetary thing as young people never had much money ever. Its a cultural phenonomen that has changed dramatically with the rise of the me too movement ni una menos etc etc. The youth of Argentina are not forming relationships I see this clearly with my own eyes. Yes they hook up for one night stands but passion and romance seems completely absent now in Buenos Aires.

Actually I'd slightly disagree with you. While I agree romance is not a monetary thing, I would disagree that the economy doesn't have anything to do with it. I do agree that there is a shift in dynamics and probably will be with younger and younger generations. But as I pointed out in my post, I think in times of recession and severe recession there is more stress. There is more to worry about.

I wouldn't go so far as you to say romance is dead (or completely absent) in Buenos Aires. It still has people that are romantic and I still see it but just not to the level as 15 years ago. Times change and I guess so do younger generations but I see it even with older people as well. But I'd argue it has a lot to due with tough or unstable times for them.

OP, could you please post a picture of yourself and show us that you conform to the standards of beauty you're trying to impose on others? Thanks.

OP, could you please post a picture of yourself and show us that you conform to the standards of beauty you're trying to impose on others? Thanks.

LOL. What negative toxic energy.

You either have the worst reading comprehension on the planet or purposely misconstrue every comment on here to get a rise out of the forum.

Are you deprived of attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back