Is the city very quiet at the moment?

well, you mentioned two barrios initially in your sweeping generalizations but ok

well, you mentioned two barrios initially in your sweeping generalizations but ok
Buenos Aires is made up of many barrios . If you just live in Puerto Madero or Palermo Nuevo you would believe that the city is upper middle class . Most of the city has seen a radical change since 2018 and this is most promounced in the microcentro, monserrat, and san telmo neighbourhoods

It's been quieter I've noticed as well, and the more I think of it, the more I seem to remember it usually being quieter as Fall/Winter set in.

I love the "cold" of Argentina and enjoy going for walks in this weather, while everyone else from the people at the bus stop, the portero,
the guy that owns the verduleria, and my husband are all dressed as if a Nor'easter is inbound while I'm in shorts still.

Cañitas, Palermo, and Colegiales are teeming with life. All cafes and restaurants full. Same in San Isidro.

Car traffic is back to crazy. Porteños have decided the epidemic is over.

Cañitas, Palermo, and Colegiales are teeming with life. All cafes and restaurants full. Same in San Isidro.

Car traffic is back to crazy. Porteños have decided the epidemic is over.
Same in Caballito, Almagro, Boedo, Villa Crespo, Chacarita, Parque Chacabuco and Parque Chas.

Mostly due to the cold, although I think Perry has a point. A lot of people with money have migrated the northern barrios and to Zona Norte since the pandemic. I wonder if the Monserrat, San Telmo, Congreso area will feel even more abandoned in years to come like many downtown areas of Latin American cities.

Back