Is there a version of xoom for the uk?

Jcjhurley

Registered
Hi

I've just found out about xoom but it seems it's only available to Americans. Is there a service that allows you to collect cash in BA via a uk account?

If those are your only requirements then yes. Visa & Mastercard have a pretty well implemented system for moving money from your UK account to cash in buenos aires.

Well obviously the reason I'm trying to do it is to avoid the ATM charges so mastercard and visa aren't really going to help that

I have search for various options for Euro accounts to here but nothing really! Just the good ol official exchange rate.

Why not just open an account in the US and transfer your money there and then via xoom?

PhilipDT said:
Why not just open an account in the US and transfer your money there and then via xoom?

How do you open an account in the US? Is it easy for non-US nationals/residents to do this remotely? Be keen to open an account if so...

You need the services of a Cueva. I don't personally use one so can't recommend one but if you ask argentine friends or long term expats I'm sure they can put you in touch. The service they can offer you is to pay you the peso blue rate against bank transfers you make to a swiss bank account.

Hi

I've just found out about xoom but it seems it's only available to Americans. Is there a service that allows you to collect cash in BA via a uk account?

Europeans can use exchange4free.com or .co.uk. I used it seval times. They are a bit slower than Xoom, expect about 5 to 7 days begore you can pick up your transaction, have a good exchange rate (currently around 6,28 pesos for a dollar), change also Euros etc, and what I like is they have a customer service (chat service and they respond to FB posts). Its worth trying!

Back