Is there a way to get USD in BA?

Anal-retentive home country? Which one is that?

Every single Argentine I know cheats AFIP.
And AFIP, and the government, cheats every single Argentine. It taxes us, and double taxes us, and then taxes us again.

Personally, I consider it my God-given duty to cheat this thieving regime as much as I can.

Why did you chose Argentina to live in, if you have such a German frame of mind?

If one has no viveza criolla, or dislikes the viveza criolla, what is one doing living in Buenos Aires?

There are many countries in the world to live in, so I think that if some expats dislike the latin ways of doing things, said expats should go live in Nordic European States, or Japan, or any other anal-retentive places. Argentina is for fun, latin way of life and yes, viveza criolla.

If one has not understood, and learned to like, the viveza criolla after living years in BsAs, one is not integrated. Don't remain a dour gringo.

!You've made my day.....!

I grew up in Buenos Aires, and have always despised the viveza criolla. Frankly, I'm ashamed of it - in the end, it is a stupid, self-defeating trick.

And AFIP, and the government, cheats every single Argentine. It taxes us, and double taxes us, and then taxes us again.

Personally, I consider it my God-given duty to cheat this thieving regime as much as I can.

So, quoting your own post #12, I have to say that "expats like you give us all a bad name" (your exact words)

Funny in any case how our "upstanding, law-abiding and Airbnb-friendly citizens", rationalize the way they get their dollars at 125 pesos when the legal rate is 65.

By the way, I consider it my God-given duty to cheat Airbnb lazy owners as much as I can.

Anal-retentive home country? Which one is that?

Anal-retentive countries are defined by the fact that their citizens are not aware that they're indeed from an anal-retentive country.

Funny in any case how our "upstanding, law-abiding and Airbnb-friendly citizens", rationalize the way they get their dollars at 125 pesos when the legal rate is 65.

That "legal" official rate is politically set, a trick devised by the government to keep milking the producers. In my view, it is anything but legal.

All red-blooded Argentines feel entitled to short-change the government, which has always been abusive here. But not all cheat each other, or welsh in their contracts, as you advised to do. Because of a few bad-apple expats, there are quite a few people who would not dream of renting to foreigners, unless they are Embassy employees.

Last edited:
That "legal" official rate is politically set, a trick devised by the government to keep milking the producers. In my view, it is anything but legal.

All red-blooded Argentines feel entitled to short-change the government, which has always been abusive here. But not all cheat each other, or welsh in their contracts, as you advised to do. Because of a few bad-apple expats, there are quite a few people who would not dream of renting to foreigners, unless they are Embassy employees.
Embassy employees are the worst and most cunning thieves, though, mind you.

Also, there are quite a few Argentine people who would not dream of renting to Argentinians, believe me.

The Dólar MEP or Dólar contado con liqui is still 100% legal. It is the "market" rate not the "illegal" rate. And that is what WU uses. Nothing illegal or wrong about that.

or you could not be a POS and do things the right way

Exactly. Yeah, sure, the owner might be a rich guy with loads of properties to rent out, but on the other hand it could also just be some middle class Argentine who happens to be lucky enough to own a second property. Given that the vast majority of us here are paying a lot less in rent compared to what we'd be paying in our home countries, and don't have genuine financial problems, why the f would you try and essentially scam the owner...?

Back