Is This A Taste Of Something New And Needed?

Check the link for details on TG preparations ,,,,!

http://pickupthefork.com/2011/11/23/how-to-make-a-porteno-thanksgiving/

thanksgiving-plate-1024x768.jpg

Like El Queso says after you've been away from the home country for some time and are getting on in years you don't miss the turkey,pumpkin pie and the "pain in the ass" uncle any more.Nonetheless,I always like to read the forum comments around holiday times to get an idea of other expats' experiences.
I like the menu Rich One posted.Kind of like for weight watchers.Everything is there but in small portions.
My brother used to come down on T'giving occasionally alleging a business trip to BA when it was really to get away from his first wife.
This year we are all meeting in Cartagena,Colombia for the wedding of an US friend's daughter. Who knows? Maybe we'll have "pavo con arepas".

When did a Thanksgiving dinner come to look like that photo? It shows a plate of mostly mush and goo as though somebody had been scraping into the garbage waste off plates that diners had left on them when he got the idea to re-plate all the muck and call it "Thanksgiving Dinner" to his subseqent guests.

When did a Thanksgiving dinner come to look like that photo? It shows a plate of mostly mush and goo as though somebody had been scraping into the garbage waste off plates that diners had left on them when he got the idea to re-plate all the muck and call it "Thanksgiving Dinner" to his subseqent guests.

I agree it looks like it had been already eaten..! It comes from Pick-up-the-fork

The French Institute is holding their Annual Charity dinner at the French Embassy, the cost per plate $2400 pesos
Maybe the foodies was OK?

I think the answer to the original question is- yes, it probably will work, but most likely not to older expats who are on fixed budgets or earning in pesos.
Its pretty obvious that the skeptical commenters here are not going.

There is a market in Buenos Aires for $100USD a plate dinners- there are lots of restaurants that are that expensive.
Dunno if there is a market for expensive experimental thanksgiving dinners.

Back