It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump administration officially authorizes Biden transition

Looking at the Biden cabinet picks so far, it is clear that the more polished and discreet con artists are back in charge and the crazy used car salesman is out. It is 2009 all over again, until the next Trump gets elected.

Yeah, his cabinet picks are really disappointing. It's the same old mafia.
I have no dog in this fight; I despise Biden and Trump equally. But it's dismaying to see that the same old rotten foreign policy cabal will be back in charge. I had hoped for an end to all the endless wars. It's been 19 years since the invasion of Afghanistan, and 17 years since the invasion of Iraq, 9 years since the foreign intervention in Syria began, and no end in sight for any of them. Not to mention the ongoing bloodbath in Yemen, in which the Saudis are simply a catspaw for the West.

Yeah, his cabinet picks are really disappointing. It's the same old mafia.
I have no dog in this fight; I despise Biden and Trump equally. But it's dismaying to see that the same old rotten foreign policy cabal will be back in charge. I had hoped for an end to all the endless wars. It's been 19 years since the invasion of Afghanistan, and 17 years since the invasion of Iraq, 9 years since the foreign intervention in Syria began, and no end in sight for any of them. Not to mention the ongoing bloodbath in Yemen, in which the Saudis are simply a catspaw for the West.

But at least it's a "diverse and inclusive" cabinet of warmongers and corporate lackeys.

But at least it's a "diverse and inclusive" cabinet of warmongers and corporate lackeys.

That is all that matters: To show that people of color, immigrants and women can be part of the great racketeering scheme just like any white male American.
But wait until the next Trump gets elected and watch the whole mainstream go stunned and surprised about "how something like this could happen"

That's why Trump could still compete in the election race. Yeah, he has a strong base but people know what Biden is and know what he is about and many have no confidence in that status quo collective. I am glad Trump is out, but it's so disappointing from Biden. At the same time, how can you expect a 92-year-old to change his ways and suddenly become this visionary politician that brings changes to the Democrats? It was never going to happen and people were put in a position of voting for another four years of Trump or head back to square one. It was a welcome victory but also a hollow one.

which is why, on the original post you objected to, I said "Biden is closing in on 80 million votes".
Which is true.
His vote count, currently the largest amount of votes ANY politician has ever received in the history of the USA, just keeps creeping up.
It probably will not hit 80 million.
But it is still more than anybody else.
And his percentage of the vote is the largest any contender against an incumbent has gotten since FDR.

It did hit 80 million.
The final count is more than 80M for Biden.

That is all that matters: To show that people of color, immigrants and women can be part of the great racketeering scheme just like any white male American.
But wait until the next Trump gets elected and watch the whole mainstream go stunned and surprised about "how something like this could happen"

Curious as to what shape would a government that you support have.
What part of Biden’s Cabinet picks offend you?
What policies are what you consider “the great racketeering scheme”? Is just foreign policy?
Do I understand that any US engagement abroad is a racket?
Were American lives on the line in WWII? Should they not have helped liberate Europe?

Curious as to what shape would a government that you support have.
What part of Biden’s Cabinet picks offend you?
from the article above -
Ms Johnstone's point in the article I linked and quoted above is that the Right are full of nonsense in saying that Biden will be China's puppet, just as the Left were full of nonsense to claim that Trump was Russia's puppet. (Yes, I read the so-called "evidence" you cited earlier in support of that idea; it's laughably, contemptibly weak.)

What policies are what you consider “the great racketeering scheme”? Is just foreign policy?
Do I understand that any US engagement abroad is a racket?
Were American lives on the line in WWII? Should they not have helped liberate Europe?

It is telling that you have to go back 80 years to find a war you consider inarguable. We'll give you WW2, though its interesting that you mention only the European theatre, when it was only in the Pacific that the US was actually attacked. But fine, WW2, sure.

But every war the US government has waged since then has been morally indefensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back