It’s official Joe Biden becomes the 46 President of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is different: why do people post videos, instead of well-reasoned articles?

We have become addicted to the visual, to the vacuous thought leaders who film themselves ranting but who probably couldn't string a grammatical sentence together. And we have lost the ability to read. That is the bigger problem.

(Occasionally people do post articles here, in both languages. And usually they attract few if any comments by comparison with the videos. We can't be bothered reading evening a few well-crafted and reasoned paragraphs by good thinkers, but we will listen to minutes and minutes of talking heads.)

Reactions: ben
While I more than agree with the point in general, some exceptions are in order. Somebody like @camberiu, who does argue his points on a regular basis - dare I say well, even when I disagree - I am willing to listen to stuff they suggest is worth my time (=link) as well. Even if I find myself disliking that video.

The ones who either can’t argue a point for their lives or don’t want to, just video-bomb without even trying to argue, ought to be disenfranchised, if not executed.
I agree and should have made it clear I was not specifically pointing out @camberiu, who I think is a good poster with well thought out posts. He/she just happened to be the response before my post.

Curious as to what shape would a government that you support have.
What part of Biden’s Cabinet picks offend you?
What policies are what you consider “the great racketeering scheme”? Is just foreign policy?
Do I understand that any US engagement abroad is a racket?
Were American lives on the line in WWII? Should they not have helped liberate Europe?

You don't need to have a debate about WWII to object to the cabinet picks of Joe Biden.

Secretary of State - Antony Blinken

-Supported Iraq invasion
-Supported war in Libya
-Supported arming al-Qaeda in Syria
-Supported the Saudi bombing campaign and genocide in Yemen
-In between government work he was a partner of PE Firm that helped companies get contracts with the Pentagon (influence peddling) with John Thain who was the corrupt head of Merrill Lynch. He ran the bank into the ground and left with 10 of millions of dollars after taking tax payer bailout money.

Climate Change Liaison - Cedric Richmond

Congressman from Louisiana whose district has the worst air pollution in the US, where the risk of getting cancer from air pollution is 700 times higher than the national average. Who has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars of oil and gas companies. Who has never even brought up this health issue or air pollution in Congress...hmm I wonder why.

Head of the EPA - Michael McCabe

Lobbyist for DuPoint Chemical. Helped create communication strategy for the company around fighting regulation for their chemical perfluorooctanoic acid which causes cancer and other health damage to humans. Thanks to his efforts the EPA abandoned their efforts to create regulation around the chemical.

Head of Economic Council - Brian Deese

BlackRock Executive, mega Wall Street firm. Wonder who he will be looking out for when he advises the president on economic policy?

Joe Biden to his rich donors: "Nothing Will Fundamentally Change" ... At least we can say he is keeping his word so far.

For his progressive fans though, he is fostering an inclusive environment where now Citibank allows trans people to change their name on the credit cards where they are being changed 25% compounded interest. So inspiring to see.

citibank.jpg

Joe Biden to his rich donors: "Nothing Will Fundamentally Change" ... At least we can say he is keeping his word so far.

For his progressive fans though, he is fostering an inclusive environment where now Citibank allows trans people to change their name on the credit cards where they are being changed 25% compounded interest. So inspiring to see.

View attachment 7444

I'm confused, so which identity is ultimately responsible for the payments?

Good article. Nice to read an interesting opinion piece instead of listen to a hyped talking head from YouTube. And it took less time to read than most of the videos take to play.

Reactions: ben
You don't need to have a debate about WWII to object to the cabinet picks of Joe Biden.

Secretary of State - Antony Blinken

-Supported Iraq invasion
-Supported war in Libya
-Supported arming al-Qaeda in Syria
-Supported the Saudi bombing campaign and genocide in Yemen
-In between government work he was a partner of PE Firm that helped companies get contracts with the Pentagon (influence peddling) with John Thain who was the corrupt head of Merrill Lynch. He ran the bank into the ground and left with 10 of millions of dollars after taking tax payer bailout money.

Climate Change Liaison - Cedric Richmond

Congressman from Louisiana whose district has the worst air pollution in the US, where the risk of getting cancer from air pollution is 700 times higher than the national average. Who has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars of oil and gas companies. Who has never even brought up this health issue or air pollution in Congress...hmm I wonder why.

Head of the EPA - Michael McCabe

Lobbyist for DuPoint Chemical. Helped create communication strategy for the company around fighting regulation for their chemical perfluorooctanoic acid which causes cancer and other health damage to humans. Thanks to his efforts the EPA abandoned their efforts to create regulation around the chemical.

Head of Economic Council - Brian Deese

BlackRock Executive, mega Wall Street firm. Wonder who he will be looking out for when he advises the president on economic policy?

and:

Special Presidential Envoy for Climate - John Kerry.

A strategic genius who, by insisting that 'there would be no peace in the Middle East without the Palestinians', and through his dedication to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, contributed to the election of Donald Trump and therefore the Abraham Accords which actually have greatly advanced the cause of Middle East peace.

and:

Special Presidential Envoy for Climate - John Kerry.

A strategic genius who, by insisting that 'there would be no peace in the Middle East without the Palestinians', and through his dedication to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, contributed to the election of Donald Trump and therefore the Abraham Accords which actually have greatly advanced the cause of Middle East peace.

Is this irony?

In unrelated news, and speaking of Scott Adams, the internet is an amazing place.

1606503114900.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back